Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
07-07-2020 09:12 AM
I am totally unable to print from my HP Envy Notebook to my HP Photo Smart 7515 printer. The computer is running Windows 10. I do not think there is anything wrong with the printer because it prints just fine from my Apple computer. I have spent numerous hours trying fix to fix the problem with no success. The computer keeps saying there is a driver issue. I have used all the HP programs to try and fix it, I have removed the printer and downloaded the driver numerous times. I have done everything the online resources recommend with no success. I need help.
07-09-2020 03:13 PM
@duke2earl Welcome to HP Community!
I understand that you are unable to print from the computer.
Do not worry. I will try to fix the issue.
Please perform the clean reinstallation of Pre-installed HP drivers
1. In Windows, search for and open Programs and features
2. Select your HP Printer
3. Select Uninstall
4. In Windows, search for and open Devices and printers
5. In the Devices and Printers windows look for your HP printer. If you see it listed right-click on it and choose ‘Delete’ or ‘Remove Device’
6. Open up the run command with the “Windows key + R” key combo.
7. Type printui.exe /s and click Ok. (Note: there is a space in between “printui.exe” and “/s”)
8. Click on the “Drivers” tab
9. Look for HP Printer driver. If you see it Click on it and click Remove at the bottom
10. Select Ok
11. Select Apply and Ok on the Print Server Properties windows
12. Close Devices and Printers, restart the computer.
Click here to download the HP Full-featured driver.
Once downloaded, make sure to run the file to start the installation and follow the on-screen instructions.
Keep us posted,
If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you,
Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post,
Have a great day!
07-10-2020 10:27 AM
I would love to say "thank you" and give you a thumbs up but your solution did not work. Since 3 days ago when I posted I have also spent 2 hours on the phone with a HP Smart Friend named Kevin who was also totally unable to solve the problem and disconnected after the 2 hours. To be specific...when I run the print.exe /s utility (which I have tried before) and attempt to delete the 7510 driver I get.a message saying the driver cannot be deleted since it is in use for 3 different iterations of the 7510 printer. This printer has been deleted and reinstalled numerous times to no avail. The HP utility to fix printers shows at least 5 different iterations of the printer from the various re installs.
The simple book "fixes" do not work....sorry.
07-10-2020 05:42 PM
I understand your concerns.
I would suggest you try the Windows built-in drivers. Follow the steps below:
• Go to Control Panel - Devices and printers - Click on "Add printer" and follow the on-screen instructions.
• When the page prompts for the drivers, select "Windows update". The driver list will be updated.
• Click HP, Hewlett Packard, or Hewlett-Packard in the Manufacturer pane, and then click the name of your printer in the Printers pane.
Refer to this document HP Printers - Installing and Using the Windows Built-in Print Driver for help
Have a nice day!!
07-11-2020 08:33 AM
Thank you but it doesn't work. Once I choose the 7510 series printer in windows it doesn't give me a chance to choose a driver...it just says it's installing the printer. And if I attempt to delete the driver, it won't let me because it says the driver is in use. The problem is that after numerous attempts to fix this and multiple installs and deletions, programs like adobe, when you give it a print command show 4 iterations of the 7510 printer. Also the HP print and scan doctor shows 4 instances of the 7510 printer. Where the windows device window only shows one. I think if I could get rid of the multiple copies of the driver in the computer I might have a chance. I have not found a way to do that seeing the windows device manager doesn't show multiple copies.
Thanks for trying.
07-12-2020 08:29 AM
I understand your concerns.
Please uninstall the all printer showing in the control panel.
Please run the SFC scan. you can refer to this Link: https://support.microsoft.com/en-in/help/4026529/windows-10-using-system-file-checker
Then try to install the drivers.
Have a nice day!!