Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Are you having HotKey issue? Click here for tips and tricks.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP 17.3 inch Laptop PC 17-c0000 IDS Base Model
Microsoft Windows 11

I've been searching for hours trying to find a solution to my issue. I've found and tried multiple things without success.

I'm trying to cast my Pixel 3XL to my HP 17-c0000.

I've installed the connect feature, but that doesn't seem to do anything.

I've tried going into my projections settings and setting it to "Available everywhere." Still nothing.

I've tried using the Phone LInk app, but I can't seem to find anything about casting mirroring my screen to my PC. I saw something that said only some markets have this feature?

Can someone tell me if the two devices are just not compatible or what?

I guess my main issue is that when I go into my Cast settings on my Pixel, the laptop just doesn't show up as an available device.

Any help is much appreciated. Thank you!

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@AwesomeDad 

Your Pixel 3XL is an Android phone. Please use the following Guide

How to Cast Android Display to a Windows 11 Computer

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Thank you for your reply Banhien

However, in following those steps, there doesn't seem to be a "Wireless Display" app. I think it's called the "Connect" app now, as the screenshot of the "Wireless Display" app looks exacly the same as "Connect" app. I already tried this route. 

My issue is that even though I installed the optional "Wireless Display" feature, set my settings correctly in the "Projecting to this PC" settings and opened the "Connect" app (what I assume was previously the "Wireless Display" app), my laptop does not appear in my phone as one of the devices I can cast (or mirror) my screen to. I can't seem to figure out why.

Hopefully someone else can figure this out. Thanks!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.