Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pavillion 15-ab105la
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hey, I just can't get my computer to detect neither apple tv or chromecast

iPad and iPhone connect to CC and Apple Tv without any problems, buy everytime I try to cast something from my laptop it just doesnt work. ("No devices detected")
Every once in a while, it randomly gets detected and works just fine, but i just can't figure out what the actual problem is or how to fix it.
So far I've already  discarded the devices or apps used being the problem by different methods, so I'm thinking it's gotta be something to do with the computer configuration or drivers. 
7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

@fjassadi

Welcome to the HP Support Community

HP Support Assistant helps keep your HP computer in working order by finding updates and providing troubleshooting tools.

Click on this link: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c03467905 for Using HP Support Assistant.

You can Update Drivers and Software with Windows Update.

Windows Update is a tool that determines which updates apply to your computer and installs them. Downloading updates from Windows Update requires an Internet connection.

Click on this link: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c03330139 for Updating Drivers and Software with Windows Update.

Keep me posted, how it goes!

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution and Kudos buttons, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Have a great day!

Cheers:)

Raj1788
I am an HP Employee 

HP Recommended

Hey! Thanks for your answer. I have everything updated, so that’s not it. HP Support Assistant doesn’t show any suggestions or problems.

any other thoughts?

HP Recommended

@fjassadi

I did check a double check on the Maintenance and Service Guide, it shows his PC should be compatible with Miracast.

Use this link: http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c04775872 

Refer to Chapter 1 - page number 2.

Use this document: https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c05189396 for Sharing Your Screen Using Miracast.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution and Kudos buttons, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Have a great day!

Raj1788
I am an HP Employee 

HP Recommended

hey Raj, thanks for your reply but I don't see how any of that information is helpful. I already know my computer is miracast compatible and also how to connect to other devices, since I've done it a lot of times. 

My problem is that  most of the time my computer does NOT recognize either Chromecast or Apple TV devices, and at the exact same time, other devices such as my iPad, do recognize both of them.

Every now and then, apparently randomly, my computer does recognize the casting devices and when that happens, it works just fine. Yet, I can't quite figure out why it doesn't work all of the time like it should, or how to fix it when it's not working.

I haven't found what's causing the issue, hence whenever I have this problem, nothing I do actually fixes it, and then (sometimes) after a while it randomly starts recognizing either CC or Apple TV, and even more seldom both of them, for no apparent reason.

I trust you can help me find a definitive solution to this annoying issue. Thanks in advance.

HP Recommended

@fjassadi

I suggest you to update the Miracast Wireless Display adapter from the Device manager manually by following the steps below and check if the issue is resolved.

1. Press Windows logo + X keys on the keyboard and select Device manager from the context menu.
  2. Expand Display adapter option, right click on Miracast Adaptor Wireless Display adapter and select
    Update this software from the context menu.
  3. Follow the on-screen instructions and wait for the update to complete.
  4. After the update is complete, close the window and check if the changes are effective by connecting to Miracast device.

If the issue persists, I recommend Installing the latest wireless and graphics drivers for your computer, and the latest firmware for your wireless display or Miracast adapter can solve many problems.

• Wireless display or adapter firmware.

Go to the manufacturer's website to check for firmware updates for the wireless display or adapter. Search for your specific device, and then follow the instructions to download and install the firmware.

• Wireless and graphics drivers for your computer.

Use the following steps to update your drivers:

1. Install the recommended updates from Windows Update.

2. Update the wireless driver in Device Manager. For more information, see the HP support document: HP Guided Solution - Wi-Fi Not Working on HP Computer.

3. Update the graphics driver in Device Manager. For more information, see the HP support document: Updating Drivers and Software with Windows Update (Windows 10, 😎.

Have a great day!

Raj1788
I am an HP Employee 

HP Recommended

Hey Raj1788,

I did as you said, but "Miracast Adaptor Wireless Display" is nowhere to be found on Device Manager, I did though find a "Chromecast" entry under Software Devices option, but only after I selected "Show Hidden Devices".

I tried to update wireless and graphics drivers, but it says the latest version is already installed.

What do you suggest I should do next?

HP Recommended

@fjassadi

I would personally suggest you contact our HP Support for one on one interaction. 

Please use the following link to create yourself a case number, then call and it may help speed up the call process:

Step 1. Open link: www.hp.com/contacthp

Step 2. Sign in / sign in as a guest

Step 3. Enter the product number or select to auto detect

Step 4. Scroll down to "Still need help? Complete the form to select your contact options"

Step 5. Scroll down and click: HP contact options - click on Get phone number and phone number appear.

Keep me posted on further assistance. Hope that helps! 

Have a great day ahead!

Raj1788
I am an HP Employee 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.