Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
spectre x360
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I realised that the spectre keyboard is designed differently from other laptop that I used. 

I used Microsoft Excel for my work. When I press F2 in the excel, the formula of the affected will be highligted.

Now in the spectre, when I press F2, its to adjust the brightness. To activate the excel shortcut, I would need to click fn and F2 together. 

This is totally opposite in most laptop keyboard that I have used where clicking FN and F2 together is to adjust the brightness or other FN-F keys is to adjust different settings. 

How can I change the setting so that when I press F2 in the Excel, it will show the formula or even F5 to refresh? while when I click other FN-F keys  it will be to adjusting such as brightness, sound and display.  

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

I am experiencing a similar problem and frustration....also with the arrow/page kets. So it seems that all of these keeys have reversed funcitionality. Very anoying.

Please will someone from HP respond. Even to say that is is intended like that....then I can stop looking for a solution.

HP Recommended

PeterWi

I manage to find a solution after all the non response from HP support. 

You will have access the BIOS sys when your laptop boot up and make the changes there. Press F10 to access Bios when start up. There is a setting in the BIOS that will allow you to change it to keyboard default.  

Hope this helps. 

HP Recommended

Thanks Wil. Excellent respose.   Changes my whole experience 🙂

BTW - for others - Esc F10 opens BIOS

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.