Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Pavilion cs-0053cl
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I wanted to check the version of the Bluetooth built into my laptop so I checked online to know how I could. You go to device manager and find your Bluetooth adapter and in advanced section of properties you check the LMP number. My adapter name is 'Realtek Bluetooth 4.2 adapter' which would suggest that it is Bluetooth version 4.2 but the LMP number is 9.xxx which corresponds to Bluetooth version 5. What exactly is going on here??

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@xxAryaxx Is there any particular reason you need the version of the Bluetooth? 

While you respond to that, here's what you need to know about your finding:

Any LMP number starting with 6 (for example) indicates that your adapter supports up to and including version 4 of the Bluetooth standard.

P.S: Welcome to HP Community 😉

I hope that answers your query,  

If it did, simply select "Accept as solution", to help the community grow, 

And if you wish to thank us for our efforts, click on the thumbs up for kudos.

Have a great day ahead.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@xxAryaxx Is there any particular reason you need the version of the Bluetooth? 

While you respond to that, here's what you need to know about your finding:

Any LMP number starting with 6 (for example) indicates that your adapter supports up to and including version 4 of the Bluetooth standard.

P.S: Welcome to HP Community 😉

I hope that answers your query,  

If it did, simply select "Accept as solution", to help the community grow, 

And if you wish to thank us for our efforts, click on the thumbs up for kudos.

Have a great day ahead.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I had problems with stuttering Bluetooth audio. That's how I came across the Bluetooth version.

So the LMP version only indicates the Bluetooth standard up to which my adapter can communicate? and the adapter itself is version 4.2?  

HP Recommended

@xxAryaxx That is correct.

And if you wish to troubleshoot bluetooth connections: click here for steps

let me know if you need anything else.

If you wish to thank me for my efforts, you could click on "Accept as solution" on my post as the solution should help others too.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.