Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Hp omen 17t bc-000
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
When I got my laptop I could play and everything normal but after one day I started to suffer bad connections while playing and I could not find why and how, I did speedtest everything was fine, change dns and everything, half was solved when I put the laptop to grab the internet at 2.4ghz instead of 5ghz but I still have problems while playing
2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@GerfranSimonaro Welcome to HP Community!

Did you try disabling the firewall on your device? reinstall the wireless card drivers from the device manager and then update it from the HP Website? 
Using the same link I shared, have you also updated the BIOS using a wired connection? If you've done all of the above, please Disable power management state for the wireless adapter in Device Manager,:

1. In Windows, search for and open Device Manager.
  2. Double-click Network Adapters to expand the list, right-click the wireless (Wi-Fi) adapter in the list, and then select Properties.
  3. In the Adapter Properties window, click the Power Management tab.
  4. Remove the check next to Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power, and then click OK.

5. Close Device Manager, restart the notebook computer and then attempt to reconnect to the wireless network.

Confirm only one antivirus software is running

Performance can be negatively affected when multiple antivirus programs are installed on your computer. Uninstall all but one antivirus program.

Temporarily disable Bluetooth

Try temporarily disabling Bluetooth to see if this impacts the network performance.

Scan the computer for viruses and malware

If the computer is performing slowly, viruses or malware (adware and spyware) might have been installed while browsing the web or if you clicked a link in a suspicious email. Malware impacts PC performance by sending and receiving data, such as sensitive information or unwanted ads, in the background through your Internet connection. Run your antivirus software to scan for and remove these items.

Change the channel band selection on your router

If your computer can connect to the wireless router but performance is poor or the connection drops, changing the wireless channel band might help. Changing the wireless channel works best for 2.4 GHz routers and environments with lots of wireless network activity, such as apartment buildings.

The steps to change the wireless channel depend on your wireless router brand and model. You can use the following general steps to change the channels for many routers. If these steps do not work, refer to the user guide that came with your router.

1. Connect your computer directly to the router using a supported network cable.
  2. Open an Internet browser and enter the default IP addresses for your router into the browser URL address field.
  3. Enter a user name and/or password.
  4. Scan through the setup pages on the web form to find the channel selection settings.
  5. Write down the name of the channel your router is currently using in case you need to change it back.
  6. Select another number and save your settings. For example, if the channel is set to 6, select channel 1 and save.
  7. Test your wireless devices on your network to see if performance has improved. If not, you can repeat these steps and try another channel until you find one that works well.

Test the wireless issue again.

Keep us posted. Although, I hope that answers your query,  

If it did, simply select "Accept as solution", to help the community grow, 

And if you wish to thank us for our efforts, click on the thumbs up for kudos.

Have a great day ahead.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

If this laptop has the Realtek Wifi card, I found the card to be garbage.  Tried reinstalling drivers, resetting card, etc. Finally replaced the card on my machine and on my son's with an Intel 2x2 Gigabit Wifi card from Amazon. Connection has had no problems since.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.