Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Plus 14 inch Laptop PC 14-eh0000 (56D78AV)
Microsoft Windows 11

I completed the setup of my new hp pavillion. 

The WiFi connects to my xfinity router, however, after connecting, it leaves the message "no internet". The diagnostics tool returns the "default gateway is not available".

While I already have other devices, including 2 computers, successfully connected to the router, I did reset the router. And I get the same error.

I have tried recommended commands to reset dns, etc. I checked the drivers are up to date.

I am however able to connect to my mobile hotspot, but not to the router.

Please help.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi @Marck2

Welcome to the HP Forums!

Thank you for posting your query on this forum, it's a great place to find answers.

Don’t worry, I assure you I will try my best to get this sorted.

I recommend you follow the below steps and check whether the issue is resolved.

Reset the TCP/IP settings on your PC:

1. Go to your start screen/menu and type CMD.

2. Right click on the command prompt icon and chose Run as administrator.

3. In the window that opens type "netsh int ip reset resetlog.txt" without quotes, and press enter.

4. Restart your PC and test.

It may also help to reset the winsock catalogue:

1. Go to your start screen/menu and type CMD.

2. Right click on the command prompt icon and chose Run as administrator.

3. In the window that opens type "netsh winsock reset" without quotes, and press enter.

4. Restart your PC and test.

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. 

Click the “Yes" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping. 

NIRVANA_95
I am an HP Employee
HP Recommended

thanks for the solution recommendations, those did not work! I followed them as instructed and rebooted. 

What other solutions do you recommend?

HP Recommended

Alright.

I recommend you uninstall the wireless card driver from the device manager and then download and install it from the below link.

https://support.hp.com/in-en/drivers

If you continue to face the issue, follow the below steps.

1. Press Windows Key + X to open Power User Menu and select Device Manager from the list.
  2. Locate your network adapter and double-click it.
  3. Once the Properties window opens, go to the Power Management tab and uncheck Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power. Click OK to save changes.

Change the power-saving mode of your wireless adapter

1. Press Windows Key + S and enter power options. Select Power Options from the menu.
  2. When Power Options window opens locate your current plan and click Change plan settings.
  3. Now click on Change advanced power settings.
  4. Locate Wireless Adapter Settings and set it to Maximum Performance.
  5. Click Apply and OK to save changes.

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, go to the public post & give us a virtual high-five by clicking the "Thumbs Up" icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on my public post. 

Have a great day ahead! 

NIRVANA_95
I am an HP Employee
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.