Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP-pavilion 15da0xxx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Is there a way of disabling 2.4ghz on laptop as it seems to default to it with my bt hub 6 with slowish speeds 40mbs compared with 120mbs on 5.4ghz

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi:

I have the same wifi adapter in two notebooks, and it always reconnects to the 5.0 GHz wifi band when I start them up.

See if this works...With your adapter on the 5.0 GHz wifi band, click on the wifi icon on the lower right side of the screen.

Click on your 5.0 GHz wifi connection, click on Properties.

Make sure the 'Connect automatically when in range' button is on (blue).

Then on your 2.4 GHz network do the same thing and make sure that the 'Connect automatically when in range' button is off, or uncheck the connect automatically box when you first open that network.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi:

I have the same wifi adapter in two notebooks, and it always reconnects to the 5.0 GHz wifi band when I start them up.

See if this works...With your adapter on the 5.0 GHz wifi band, click on the wifi icon on the lower right side of the screen.

Click on your 5.0 GHz wifi connection, click on Properties.

Make sure the 'Connect automatically when in range' button is on (blue).

Then on your 2.4 GHz network do the same thing and make sure that the 'Connect automatically when in range' button is off, or uncheck the connect automatically box when you first open that network.

HP Recommended

Yes tried that but connection shown as on 5Ghz with no option to change. However went into bub manager and swopped to MODE 2 and has slightly improved download speeds but not to where that should be. Been busy but am going to play about in BT hub manager so see if I can improve to where I know they should be

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.