Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP EliteBook 840 G5 Base Model Notebook PC
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi, I have an Elitebook 840 G5 (2FA54AV) in which I installed WWAN antennas. I also bought a Fibocom L850-GL WWAN card. Unfortunately, after installing the modem on the computer and the latest drivers, as well as performing a new clean installation of the system (Windows 10 Pro 64-bit 22H2), the SIM card is not recognized... (Mobile networks - insert the SIM card). Due to concerns about a defect in the WWAN device, I tested another Fibocom L850-GL and HUAWEI ME906s-158 LTE modem, but the result is the same. What could be causing the problem? Please help.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@Kamcup 

Firstly machine supports the following adapters. Did you buy the right part ?

● LTE CAT4: Huawei HP lt4132, LTE/HSPA+ w/GPS  part # 845710-003

● LTE CAT9: Fibocom Intel XMM 7360 LTE -Advanced part # L15398-001

And also check your provider does it support above adapters ?

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Hello,

That's right, I have these exact parts and both: LTE CAT4: Huawei HP lt4132, LTE/HSPA+ with GPS, part no. 845710-003 and LTE CAT9: Fibocom Intel XMM 7360 LTE - part no. L15398-001 were tested by me.

I also checked with two different internet providers (SIM cards) that they support the adapters listed above.

I also verified the current drivers. However, the problem still persists.

What else could be the cause, what else can be done?

Regards

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.