Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Elitebook 8560p
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have a few of this model in our comapny and we have upgraded a few of them to Windows 10. All the ones that were upgraded can no longer get wifi. They all worked perfectly in Windows 7 but as soon as 10 is installed they stop working.

The confusing part is the wireless driver is there and says it is working properly. I have tried every network driver from HP's site and none of them make it work.

I tried a BIOS Update and that didn't fix anything either.

There wireless button that is usually next to airplane mode isn't even there. 

Hitting the wi-fi button on the keyboard only turns off bluetooth and nothing else.

I went into services, and the WLAN Autoconfig servies wasn't turned on and was set to manual. Turning it back on and setting it to automatic. That made the wifi button next to airplane mode show up finally, but its greyed out and you can't do anything with it.

In the Network Connections panel the Wi-Fi shows up as a connection, but says not connected but shows green like it is ready to connect using the Broadcom 43224AGN 802.11a/b/g/n 2x2 Wi-fi Adapter.

Since this has happened to every model I figured it must be known issue somewhere but can't find a six still. 

Please help!

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

I am having similar issues after updating an EliteBook 8560p from Windows 8.1 Enterprise to Windows 10 Enterprise. The Wi-Fi did not work before the update, but was listed as "This device is working properly" in the Device Manager. Now, after the update, the ethernet is displaying the same message but no adapters are listed under Network Connections.

Upon trying to update the ethernet drivers using the Microsoft Update catalog, I'm told that the best drivers are already in use.

I have faith that if I can get one of the network adapters working, that I can use Windows Update to also fix the display driver that now won't allow the use of an extra monitor/projector and the other network adapter.

Please advise.

HP Recommended

This post (After upgrading from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10, no wireless networks are available) fixed the problem I was having with my wired connection, but still no progress on the Wi-Fi.

HP Recommended

Proper solution for latest Windows 10 Build:

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/LAN-WLAN-Switching-in-Windows-10/m-p/...

The button will work as intended.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.