1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Envy x360 intermittent Wi-Fi connection

HP Recommended
Envy x360
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

EnV X360 Wi-Fi connection challenges.

First of all I have spent 4 to 5 hours with HP customer support on the phone going through all the traditional steps of attempting to fix this problem. HP support was unable to fix it.  (I’m currently under warranty) However HP support was very adept at explaining if I spent more money to extend my warranty when I call again with same problem HP support will be more than willing to attempt to help me in the future.

The problem: laptop  connects to Wi-Fi at my home and connects to my phone as a hotspot at home and out on the road.

However when I’m at the office my phone(4 bar signal strength to make phone calls) connects to the Wi-Fi successfully my iPad connects to the Wi-Fi successfully however the laptop will not connect to the Wi-Fi nor will it connect to my phone as a hotspot Regardless if the phone is connected to WiFi or not. “ Can’t connect to this network“ is the error message yet my phone and iPad can connect to this network.   Clearly the Wi-Fi At the office is working and my computer works on Wi-Fi at my house. HP has been unable to fix the problem does anybody have suggestions?

1 REPLY 1
Riddle_Decipher
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
31,166 31,117 2,618 3,994
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@GC18 Most likely the office network is secured and that's the reason it's not connecting, however, if you've obtained the user name and password, yet it isn't connecting, here's a few things you can try, also before we get started, it always connects and works fine at home, etc... right? it's not an intermittent connection as such? If not, try the below steps:

Forget The Network & Reconnect To It

When there’s an issue on your computer, you’re usually asked to reboot your machine and that’ll hopefully fix it for you. The same can be done for your network connection as well. You can try forgetting the network and then re-connecting to it to see if it then connects without any issues.

Although it’s one of the most basic things to do, it may just work out for you, and there’s no harm in doing it.

• Find the network icon in your system tray, right-click on it, and select Open Network & Internet settings.

• Click on the option that says Wi-Fi in the left sidebar to view your wireless adapters.

• On the following screen, click on Manage known networks on the right-hand side pane to view your networks.

• You’ll see a list of all the networks you’ve ever connected to from your PC. Click on the one you’re having trouble connecting to and select the Forget button for it.

• The network will be removed from the list.
  • To reconnect to it, scan for it as you would normally and click on it.

The “Can’t connect to network” issue you’re facing on your Windows 10 could be due to an IP related issue as well. In that case, Microsoft recommends you use a command to release your IP and flush the DNS cache.

These commands can be run from the Command Prompt utility on your computer. You don’t need to configure them or anything like that; all you need to do is copy and paste them into your CMD window.

• Search for Command Prompt using the Cortana search and click on the Run as administrator option.

• Type the following commands into the Command Prompt window one by one hitting Enter after each line.

netsh winsock reset
    netsh int ip reset
    ipconfig /release
    ipconfig /renew
    ipconfig /flushdns

• Reboot your computer and your issue should likely be fixed.

P.S: Welcome to HP Community 😉

Let me know how that pans out,

If you feel I was helpful, simply click on Accept as Solution to help the community grow,

That said, I will have someone follow-up on this to ensure you've been helped,

Just in case you don't get back to us, 

have a good day, ahead.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation