Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Envy14 Spectre
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

I upgraded my RAM to 8GB and reloaded Win7 Pro - my wired ethernet ort works fine but I get NO WiFi device at all

I tried to apply sp58641.exe and reooted and still nothing.

The light on my f12 key is yellow - in device manger I get nothing under Network Adapters but immediately following I get this below - ay ideas ?

devmgr.JPG

bigdaddy68_1
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

I believe that you need this driver for the USB controller.

This package provides the Renesas Electronics USB 3.0 Host Controller Driver for the supported notebook models and operating systems. The driver enables USB 3.0 devices.

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp55501-56000/sp55802.exe

No wireless module installed...could be a bad wifi card, or a bad motherboard.

Did you try removing and reseating the wifi card?

Sometimes the contacts get oxidized, and all the card needs is to be removed and reseated.

Try doing it with the antenna wires connected so you don't have to hassle with those.

If that doesn't work, it could be that the wifi card is dead and needs to be replaced.

It could be cheap enough to do yourself, if you get a used but tested and working wifi card on eBay.

Get the part number off the wifi card. 

The service manual states that it is part number 636672-005, but double check that with the actual HP part number off the card.

You can only install a supported wifi card that is listed in the service manual for your notebook, and it must have the HP part number on it, or it will not work.

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c03359392

If replacing the wifi card doesn't work, then there is a problem with the motherboard, and then I would recommend you purchase an external USB wifi adapter since replacing the motherboard would probably cost a bunch of money.

Since I don't work for or represent HP, unfortunately I wouldn't know where you can send it to them for repairs.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi:

What is the full model number or product number of your PC?

The product number can be found on the same sticker as the serial number.  

Please don't post the serial number.

From your screen shot, I don't see any network adapters that need drivers.

What shows up under the Network Adapters device manager category.  Just the ethernet adapter?

The USB controller needs a driver.

HP Recommended

Its Model Number: 14t-3000

Its Part Number: A1V77AV

Down at the BIOS when I run component tests its says I have no Wireless module installed !

Under Network Adapters in Device manager there is only the wired adapter ( Realtek PCIe GBE  Family Controller)

I popped off back and unscrewed battery and ensured that the ribbon cables were in their respective adapters properly ( I think one was NFC).  I know wireless WiFi used to work fine on this system when it came w the factory load Win7 Home Prem.

I have the latest HPSA installed and I let it re-add the drivers it said it needed (card rdr, idt audio, wifi, intel rapidstore).  None was the USB Controller which I still appear to be missing according to Device Manager. I am able to plug a USB key into notebook and it works  - however a USB mouse wasn't so lucky.

Can you give any further guidance ?

Is there  place I can ship this PC for paid HP  work to fix it ?

Or maybe it will be cheaper for me to get a 3rd party USB wiFi adapter and try to use that ?

thanks

bidaddy68_1

bigdaddy68_1
HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

I believe that you need this driver for the USB controller.

This package provides the Renesas Electronics USB 3.0 Host Controller Driver for the supported notebook models and operating systems. The driver enables USB 3.0 devices.

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp55501-56000/sp55802.exe

No wireless module installed...could be a bad wifi card, or a bad motherboard.

Did you try removing and reseating the wifi card?

Sometimes the contacts get oxidized, and all the card needs is to be removed and reseated.

Try doing it with the antenna wires connected so you don't have to hassle with those.

If that doesn't work, it could be that the wifi card is dead and needs to be replaced.

It could be cheap enough to do yourself, if you get a used but tested and working wifi card on eBay.

Get the part number off the wifi card. 

The service manual states that it is part number 636672-005, but double check that with the actual HP part number off the card.

You can only install a supported wifi card that is listed in the service manual for your notebook, and it must have the HP part number on it, or it will not work.

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c03359392

If replacing the wifi card doesn't work, then there is a problem with the motherboard, and then I would recommend you purchase an external USB wifi adapter since replacing the motherboard would probably cost a bunch of money.

Since I don't work for or represent HP, unfortunately I wouldn't know where you can send it to them for repairs.

HP Recommended
Thanks Paul all great suggestions 🙂
bigdaddy68_1
HP Recommended

Anytime.

Glad to have been of assistance.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.