Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Laptop 15-db0xxx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

nº serie: [edit]
nº producto: 4MG13EA#ABE

Hello, I have a problem when connecting my hp to ethernet via rj45 connector. I have a connection speed of 600mb, but when I connect my laptop it only scales up to 14mb. However, if I connect my stand alone pc to the same cabling it goes up to the 600mb.

¿is there anything I have to do to get full speed?

Thank you

Javier

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@javipa,

I reviewed your post and I understand that you are getting low internet speed when connected to LAN,

Don’t worry, I assure you I will try my best to get this sorted.

Have you checked with the ISP?

Meanwhile, I recommend you follow the below steps and check if it helps.

1. Press WINDOWS + X
    2. Select "Device Manager"
    3. Click on "Network card"
    4. Right click on your Network card
    5. Click on "Remove"
    6. Click on "Detect hardware changes" (monitor icon)

Then you can also do that:

1. Digit "cmd" in windows search bar
    2. Right click on "command prompt"
    3. Click on "Run as Administrator"
    4. Digit "ipconfig /flushdns" without quote and press ENTER
    5. Digit "ipconfig /renew" without quote and press ENTER

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

P.S: Welcome to the HP Support Community 😊

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hello and thanks for your answer.

I tried both procedures but they did not work.

I have a 600mb connection, but the highest speed I get on my HP laptop is 250 upload and 190 download, but if I connect my desktop PC in the same cable I get 600mb, so I assume is not a problem with the ISP. I have also tried connecting an USB 3.0 RJ45 gigabit adaptor to check if there is a problem with the hardware but results are the same.

Have a great day.

HP Recommended

@javipa,

There are many factors that affect Internet speed and one of them is your computer processing speed. However, I recommend you uninstall the Wireless driver from the device manager and then download and install it from the below link.

https://support.hp.com/in-en/drivers

Here is how it is done.

1. Type "Device Manager" into the search field to open the device manager console.
  2. Expand the node that represents the type of device that you want to uninstall, right-click the device entry, and click Uninstall.
  3. On the Confirm Device Removal dialog box, click OK to start the uninstall process.
  4. When the uninstall process is complete, remove the device.

NOTE: On the Confirm Device Removal dialog box, click the Delete the driver software for this device option to delete the driver package that was used for the device.

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.