Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
08-08-2021 09:22 PM
Every bluetooth device shows as unknown. I've uninstalled the drivers and restarted the computer and I've tried reinstalling drivers to no avail.
08-15-2021 05:00 AM - edited 08-15-2021 05:01 AM
Hi@ToadRoasted, Welcome to the HP Support Community!
We need more information devices which you are trying to connect.
Check the devices is connecting different notebook?
Please share the info I can share the troubleshooting step to resolve the issue
Keep me posted. Happy to help!
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!
Have a great day!
08-27-2021 02:26 PM
Here are a few steps that should help resolve the issue:
1) Run the Bluetooth troubleshooter
Select the Start button, then select Settings > Update & Security > Troubleshoot . Under Find and fix other problems, select Bluetooth, select Run the troubleshooter and follow the instructions.
2) Uninstall the Bluetooth adapter in Device Manager
If you don't see the Bluetooth icon, but Bluetooth does appear in Device Manager, try uninstalling the Bluetooth adapter, shutting down your PC, and triggering an automatic driver reinstall:
- In the search box on the taskbar, type device manager, and then select Device Manager from the list of results.
- In Device Manager, select Bluetooth. Press and hold (or right-click) the Bluetooth adapter name (which may include the word “radio”), and select Uninstall device.
- Select the Start button, then select Power > Shut down.
- After your device shuts down, wait a few seconds, and then turn it back on. Windows will try to reinstall the driver.
- If Windows doesn't reinstall the driver automatically, open Device Manager and select Action > Scan for hardware changes.
If the issue persists, update the wireless card and BIOS drivers from the HP website: click here to find and install the same.