Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

My recovery drive 😧 is low on memory space. I cannot get rid of any previous back-up because it was the first one.

Nevertheless, I made an image back-up of the entire PC on a separate hard drive. Can I delete the content of the 😧 driv in order to stop having these 'low on memory' messages?

Cheers,

Laurent

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Laurent001

Welcome to HP Forums,

This is a great place to get support, find answers and tips,

Thank you for posting your query, I'll be more than glad to help you out 🙂

As I understand, you're getting a message on your notebook "Low on Memory"

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, however, to provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details:

What is the product number of your device? Use this link to find it: http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03754824

(Ensure you do not share any of your personal information such as serial, phone number, email ID, etc...).

When was the last time it worked fine?

Were there any hardware/software changes made?

Do you get an error "Your System is Low on Virtual Memory ", "Low Disk Space " or "Low on Memory"?

Once I have the information, I'll help you further with the troubleshooting steps,

Keep me posted 🙂

Have a great day 🙂

HP Recommended

Hi,

My product Nbr is T4J52ET#UUG and teh message is "low disk space". Since I made a complete image back up on an external disk I would like to delete the current back up on D://, because before I did the back up, it worked fine. Also, no oftware changes were made.

Best regards,

Laurent

HP Recommended

Can't find the answer - can this file be delted from the HP_Recovery(D) drive?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.