Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Gaming 15-dk2000 Laptop PC (2P1Z7AV)
Microsoft Windows 11

if somebody send me the google meet link or i create one whenever i enter into the google meet giving access to my camera and microphone the other person who will be in the meeting is not able to hear or see me neither do i . and after one or two minutes after entering in the meet it kicks me out saying there is an issue with your firewall .But this thing gets sorted if i use any vpn that time it is working as expexted i can join the meetings and can communicate as well

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @ruwaid_indrabi,

Welcome to HP Support Community.

Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you.

It sounds like there might be a firewall issue on your HP Pavilion Gaming 15 that is preventing proper communication with Google Meet. Firewalls are designed to protect your computer from unauthorized access, but sometimes they can block legitimate connections, causing issues like the ones you're experiencing.

Here are a few steps you can take to troubleshoot and potentially resolve the issue:

• Check Firewall Settings: Make sure that your firewall settings are not overly restrictive. You may need to allow Google Meet or the specific ports it uses through your firewall. You can usually find firewall settings in your computer's control panel or settings menu.
  • Update Firewall Software: Ensure that your firewall software is up to date. Sometimes, outdated firewall software can cause compatibility issues with certain applications.
  • Disable Firewall Temporarily: As a troubleshooting step, try temporarily disabling your firewall and then see if you can join a Google Meet call without any issues. If you can, then you know the firewall is the culprit, and you can proceed to adjust its settings accordingly.
  • Check Antivirus Software: Sometimes, antivirus software can also interfere with network connections. Make sure your antivirus software is not blocking Google Meet or interfering with its functionality.
  • Reset Firewall Settings: If none of the above steps work, you can try resetting your firewall settings to their default configuration. This will undo any changes you've made that might be causing the issue.

Using a VPN effectively bypasses your local firewall by routing your internet traffic through a different network, which is why Google Meet works when you're connected to a VPN. However, relying on a VPN as a workaround is not a long-term solution, as it can introduce other complications and may not always be necessary.

By troubleshooting and resolving the firewall issue directly, you can ensure a more stable and secure connection to Google Meet without the need for a VPN.

I hope this helps.

Take care and have a good day.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Alden4

HP Support 

I am an HP Employee.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.