Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
hp
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

HIDClass 2.1.8.1 - Error 0x800703e3 i get this when i try to install this update how can i fix it im on HP laptop model 15-bs289wm

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@prettyboyrich,

Welcome to the HP Forums 🙂 I would like to take a moment and thank you for using this forum, it is a great place to find answers. For you to have the best experience on the HP forum, you could also visit our HP Forums Guide for First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More. I see from your post that you're getting an error 0x800703e3 while installing the update on your HP Notebook. Don't worry we'll work together to help you find a solution.

1. Go to the Microsoft Update Catalog and search for ‘hp wireless button’. You can also access the page from here.Update Catalog
  2. On the page, find the driver that is supported by your Windows 10 installation. For example, in our case, we downloaded the second driver as our PC is running Windows 10 version 1809 (October 2018 Update).
  3. The downloaded driver will be saved in .cab format.
  4. Open the File Explorer and make a folder anywhere you want.
  5. Open the folder where you have downloaded the driver (.cab file) and left click on the cab file.
  6. Another folder will open where you will find three files, as shown in the screenshot below.Copy Cab
  7. Copy the three files into the folder that you created earlier.
  8. In the folder, right-click on the .info file (Setup Information).Install wireless button driver
  9. Click install, and a security warning will appear on the screen. Tap on open and you’ll get operation completed successfully message.
  10. Open the Settings app, navigate to Windows Update and tap on ‘retry’. Windows will normally check for updates and the error will disappear.

Once you complete these steps, the error message will disappear and your computer will work as expected.

Hope this answers your question.

Good luck and keep me posted about the developments. If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue and give the post a Kudos for my efforts to help. Thank you and have a great week ahead. 🙂

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi,

I clicked on the link you provided for the "hp wireless button."  My computer just recently updated to Windows 10 Version 1809.  This version (1809) does not show up.  The most recent one is:

Windows 10 S Version 1803 and Later Servicing Drivers,Windows 10 version 1803 and Later Servicing Drivers

Windows 10 S Version 1803 and Later Servicing Drivers,Windows 10 S Version 1803 and Later Upgrade & Servicing Drivers,Windows 10 version 1803 and Later Servicing Drivers,Windows 10 Version 1803 and Later Upgrade & Servicing Drivers

Should I use one of these drivers?  In your post, it shows the Version 1809 being available.  Is this driver update available any other way?

Thank You

HP Recommended

@farm81stripes,

Thank you for replying,

As I understand you have a concern regarding the drivers available from the website, Please go ahead and try to download the drivers from the website.

I'm sure this should take care of the issue. 

Let me know how it goes for further assistance. 

Take care now and do have a fabulous week ahead. 🙂
Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.