Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP 15-CX0058WM
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello all!

I was trying to reset my HP 15-CX0058WM Gaming Laptop to factory settings which I was able to, but it is not finding the wireless/bluetooth card in the system. I looked up the device manager and all I see is Realtek Gaming GBE Family Controller and a bunch of WAN Miniport entries (IKEv2, IP, IPv6, L@TP, Network Monitor, PPPOE, PPTP, SSTP).

When I got to the settings and network & internet settings it just shows no networks found. I can't even connect laptop to internet because there is not ethernet port on there. I don't even see the wireless icon on the bottom right of the screen. There is an icon that looks like a tv and plug, it just says not connected - no connections are available. 

When I go to the control panel, I only see an Ethernet option and it says network cable unplugged. Obviously because there is no ethernet port for that capability on the laptop. I don't even see a wireless option there. 

The reason for the reset to factory is that my son was playing and all of a sudden his computer froze and he did a hard reset. It just never booted up again. I can't remember the type of errors it was giving but it would let him log in but just kept popping up some error and would never go forward from there on so I decided to just do a factory reset, since he just uses for online gaming and nothing else. 

Could the wireless card be messed up. I was trying to look for drivers on HP website but none are available. Any help would be appreciated. 

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@EARLURL

Welcome to HP Community

I have gone through your Post and would like to help

Were you able o do the System Recovery ( Factory Reset )?

Link: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c04758961

Please let me know if the issue persists after the Reset

Thank you

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" on this Post and it will also help other community members with similar issue.

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.