Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP 250 G3
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

I have HP 250 G3 J4T57EA. My WLAN is RT3290 and it's broken. I need replace with new WLAN Module. I give a screenshot bottom from HP 250 manual. Which one can I replace without problem? Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

Yes, you are probably right about the notebook only having one antenna wire as shown in the video.

Out of the list of cards in the manual, I recommend this one...

Realtek RT8723BE 802.11bgn 1x1 Wi-Fi + BT4.0 Combo Adapter  HP part # 753077-001.

That card was actually designed to work with one antenna wire.

As you can see from the pictures on eBay there is only one antenna terminal for the wire to go to.

753077-001 | eBay

It has decent driver support for W10.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi:

What model Intel core processor does your notebook have, and how many antenna wires are connected to the Ralink wifi card it has now?

You may be able to upgrade to a better card that those listed in the manual if your notebook has two wifi antenna wires connected to the card.

Since you already have the manual, open it up and let me know.

HP Recommended

Hi,

I have i3 4005U CPU, i didn't disassembly case, probably card has one antenna (https://youtu.be/143rOLRl08M?t=291). Which card is better than others? There is manual (http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c04655216.pdf) Thanks.

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

Yes, you are probably right about the notebook only having one antenna wire as shown in the video.

Out of the list of cards in the manual, I recommend this one...

Realtek RT8723BE 802.11bgn 1x1 Wi-Fi + BT4.0 Combo Adapter  HP part # 753077-001.

That card was actually designed to work with one antenna wire.

As you can see from the pictures on eBay there is only one antenna terminal for the wire to go to.

753077-001 | eBay

It has decent driver support for W10.

HP Recommended

Thank you for support Paul.  I will get recommended card. 

HP Recommended

Anytime.

Glad to have been of assistance.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.