Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP 630 (HM55)
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi can you tell me which is the best upgrade I can do

HP 630 is old enough to have the wifi "whitelist" issue so I don't know which one I can buy

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

No card other than those listed in the manual will work.  Absolutely none.

I suggest you look into a dual band USB AC wifi adapter.

They make one that is dual band AC and also has Bluetooth and is very compact.

TFR Bluetooth WiFi USB Adapter for PC, Wireless Dongle 600Mbps Dual Band 2.4G/5.8G USB Adapter Bluet...

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi:

Your notebook does have a BIOS whitelist, so the only cards you can buy would be one of those listed in chapter 3 of your notebook's service manual.

c02834036.pdf (hp.com)

The card must have the HP part number on it, or it will not work.

I recommend that you try and find a used but tested and working wifi card on eBay.

Search by the HP part number and only buy a card that has an actual picture of the card with the part number showing.

It looks like the only card that would be an upgrade to dual band N would be the Realtek 8188BC8 802.11a/b/g/n 2×2 WiFi and Bluetooth 3.0+HS Combo Adapter 602993-001.

It may not work with Windows 10 though.

HP Recommended

Oh no !

So I cannot get rid of the 802.11N  bottleneck with this computer (I have 1Gbps connexion)

Just to be sure AC and AX aren't possible at all ?

HP Recommended

No card other than those listed in the manual will work.  Absolutely none.

I suggest you look into a dual band USB AC wifi adapter.

They make one that is dual band AC and also has Bluetooth and is very compact.

TFR Bluetooth WiFi USB Adapter for PC, Wireless Dongle 600Mbps Dual Band 2.4G/5.8G USB Adapter Bluet...

HP Recommended

Ok

Thank you very much

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.