Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP 655
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

I tried to install the drivers today, and first just sayin the installation corrupted and the windows offered me to reinstall properly by the way. Didnt happen sy when i did it. I tried many soulutions that i found on the internet. The most of the web pages closed the downloads that i found closed as well
So i attach the useful informs for you guys(or ladys).
Model atheron? number: ar5b225
Hardware ID:
PCI\VEN_10EC&DEV_8168&SUBSYS_1885103C&REV_07
PCI\VEN_10EC&DEV_8168&SUBSYS_1885103C
PCI\VEN_10EC&DEV_8168&CC_020000
PCI\VEN_10EC&DEV_8168&CC_0200

Thanks for your reply.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi:

If you have an ar5b225 wireless card, then you need this driver...

This package provides the driver to support the Atheros Wireless LAN adapter in supported notebook models that are running a supported operating system.

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp56501-57000/sp56572.exe

The hardware ID you posted is for the Realtek gigabit ethernet (wired) controller.

If you need the driver for that too, here it is...

This package provides the Realtek Local Area Network (LAN) Driver that enables the Realtek Network Interface Card (NIC) Chip in supported notebook models that are running a supported operating system.

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp56501-57000/sp56550.exe

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi:

If you have an ar5b225 wireless card, then you need this driver...

This package provides the driver to support the Atheros Wireless LAN adapter in supported notebook models that are running a supported operating system.

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp56501-57000/sp56572.exe

The hardware ID you posted is for the Realtek gigabit ethernet (wired) controller.

If you need the driver for that too, here it is...

This package provides the Realtek Local Area Network (LAN) Driver that enables the Realtek Network Interface Card (NIC) Chip in supported notebook models that are running a supported operating system.

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp56501-57000/sp56550.exe

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.