cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    HP Solution Center Adobe Flash player error

Please check this document to find the workaround solution for Print and Scan - HP Solution Center doesn't open

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    HP Solution Center Adobe Flash player error

Please check this document to find the workaround solution for Print and Scan - HP Solution Center doesn't open

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
5 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

HP 6730b Wireless not working

HP Recommended
6730b
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

I have an HP 6730b and the wireless was working intermittently and  now has stopped working.  I have a replacement card, it's a P/N 459263-001 and, though I don't see this listed in the HP Parts Lists, there are several sites recommending / selling this for my laptop.

Do any of you know if this might work?

Currently I cannot see any adapter in the Device Manager and the one installed is an Intel.

Let me know  what you think and thanks!

Mike

1 REPLY 1
Level 21
Level 21
125,999 116,180 18,859 28,775
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi, Mike:

See if this works...sometimes it is not a hardware issue.

Make sure the Intel wifi adapter is present and enabled in the BIOS.

If it is, install the HP connection manager software, restart the PC and see if you can turn on the wifi adapter using the software.

This package provides the HP Connection Manager for the supported notebook running a supported operating system.

sp53394.exe (hp.com)

If that doesn't get the wifi to work, get the part number off the Intel wifi card currently installed and find the exact replacement on eBay.

Find a listing that shows the actual card with the same 'Replace with HP Spare' part number on the white label that is on your card.

Otherwise, the BIOS will reject the card due to the whitelist it has.

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation