Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
11-08-2022 11:00 AM
Power outage caused printer msg PRINTER OFFLINE. Have gone through Scan Doctor and HP Smart app step. Now purple light will not turn off, even after I turn off the printer and turn it back on. Nothing I have done will put print ONLINE. Have read all suggestions to unplug printer, shut down computer, unplug router. Did all that. NOTHING works. I called tech support. A fee $19.95 to diagnosis. No guarantee to fix. Said printer out of warranty. HELP.
11-19-2022 08:22 AM
Welcome to the HP Support Community. This is a great place to post questions and find answers.
Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you.
I see that you are facing issues with connecting your HP All-In-One Printer to your wi-fi network.
Please follow the steps listed below to restore the printer to its network defaults and then reconnect it to the network:
Step 1: Restore the printer to its network defaults.
On the back of the printer, press and hold the Wireless button for 5 seconds. This will put the printer is in the Auto Wireless Connect (AWC) setup mode.
When the printer is in the AWC setup mode, the Edge lighting will glow purple, pulsing from the middle outward, repeating.
Step 2: Connect the printer to the device using the HP Smart app:
1. Uninstall HP Smart App if it is installed. Go to https://123.hp.com/us/en/ from a browser on your phone or computer and install the HP Smart app.
2. Make sure your computer or mobile device is connected to your wireless network and you know the Wi-Fi password of your wireless network.
3. If you are using an iOS or Android mobile device, make sure that Bluetooth is turned on. (HP Smart uses Bluetooth to make the setup process faster and easier on iOS and Android mobile devices.)
NOTE: HP Smart uses Bluetooth for printer setup only. Printing using Bluetooth is not supported.
4. Make sure the printer is in the Auto Wireless Connect (AWC) setup mode. When the printer is in the AWC setup mode, the Edge lighting will glow purple, pulsing from the middle outward, repeating.
5. Open the HP Smart app, and then do one of the following:
- iOS/Android: On the home screen, tap the Plus icon (+) and then select the printer. If the printer is not in the list, tap Add Printer. Follow the onscreen instructions to add the printer to your network.
- Windows and macOS: On the home screen, tap the Plus icon and select the printer. If the printer is not found, click or tap Set up a new printer. Follow the onscreen instructions to add the printer to your network.
You may also refer to this document link https://support.hp.com/nz-en/document/ish_1736500-1626554-16
Let me know if this works and have a good day.
Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!
Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask the community