Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I am unable to install Realtek Bgn Wifi Adapter driver. I have tried all possible ways, Also installed a new Wireless Adapter card and Wireless Battery. (CR 2032) Also restored from last restore point. I also got an external wireless USB card, still my wifi does not work. I also downloaded driver from HP site still doesn't work.

Am running out of options, can someone please help. Am unable to connect to WiFi and always have to hardwired into LAN.

Product name:HP ENVY 15 Notebook PC
Product number: E3S20UA#ABA

Mehuil_0-1597100794896.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

So the only solution that worked for me was to Reset my Windows 10 O/S. It took around 8-10 hours. But using Restore -> Reset -> Keep personal files intact. I was able to solve my problem. I should have had tried this long back.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@Mehuil

Welcome to the HP Support Community.

This model has not been tested on Windows 10 operating system. There are no drivers for windows 10. 

Let's try these updates:

Windows Updates - 

1) In the search box, type and open Windows Updates.  

2) Check for updates.  

3) If the updates are available, click on install and restart the computer.  

HP Support Assistant Updates -  

1) In the search box, type and open HP Support Assistant.  

2) Check for updates.  

3) If the updates are available, click on install and restart the computer.  

Let me know if this helps.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution and Kudos buttons, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Thanks!

Have a great day!

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Tried update with latest Microsoft security patches. Wifi button still shows orange and is not enabled. It has been working for the past several years with Windows 10. It stopped all of a sudden on July 13th, 2020.

Have also tried using the HP Recovery manager to install my network adapter. Still doesn't work

Mehuil_0-1597611312220.png

Kindly help me fix my laptop.

HP Recommended

So the only solution that worked for me was to Reset my Windows 10 O/S. It took around 8-10 hours. But using Restore -> Reset -> Keep personal files intact. I was able to solve my problem. I should have had tried this long back.

HP Recommended

I understand. Do get back to us in the future for further assistance.

Have a nice day!:)

I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.