Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

Just wrap things up, we bit the bullet and after a fair bit of research bought a Dlink COVR mesh system which as it turned out was defective and wouldn't even connect to the fibre modem's Internet!

Returned it and spent another $100 for a Linksys Velop mesh system.  I have to say the the setup on this was just brilliant.  Plug one node into the  modem, then add the app to your smartphone. The app connects to subsequent nodes using bluetooth and just automagically sets it all up.  

I've re-positioned the three nodes a couple of times (it's a three story townhouse) to try and fill dead spots, and it now seems to be doing an OK job.  We're limited by the odd locations of AC outlets.

The HP laptop still has issues, but much less than before.  It's old enough that I expect it will be replaced soon, and demoted/promoted to a Linux system.   

Ultimately I guess that I'd say this is resolved, but I still wonder how a single antenna 2.5 ghz only cheapo router bought ten years ago managed to do a great job (until the day it died) when a $400 mesh system or $300 eight antenna router won't.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.