Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

Mobile connect stopped functioning. Device manager tells that HP Mobile COnnect Network Driver has no driver installed.

The information states

USB\VID_03F0&PID_581D&REV_0228&MI_03

USB\VID_03F0&PID_581D&MI_03

Where could I find the driver?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended
12 REPLIES 12
HP Recommended

Hi:

What is the full model number of your notebook and what operating system are you running?

You need the Sierra Wireless Driver Package for HP lte 4111/4112 Mobile Broadband Module.

HP Recommended

Thanks

WIndows 7 Enterprise, Service pack 1

HP Elite Book Folio 1040 G1, product E4A61AV

HP lt4112  LT E/HSPA+ Gobi 4G module

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

This should be the driver you need for that device:

http://h20566.www2.hp.com/portal/site/hpsc/template.PAGE/public/psi/swdDetails/?sp4ts.oid=5405387&sp...

HP Recommended

Thank you, Kiitos.

Had to run the installer twice, but then it worked perfectly

Rgds

Juha

HP Recommended

Ole hyvä.

Glad to have been of assistance.

Terveisin,

Paul

HP Recommended

I had a similar problem installing the drivers for the HP 4111 4G module, but on Windows 8.1 Update.

Installing sp66243.exe created a folder in C:\SWSetup\SP66243 and I could see in the task manager that HPinstaller.exe ran for a while, but nothing seemed to be happening.

Device manager kept telling me the HP Mobile connect devices (Application Interface, GPS interface, Network Card and PC UI Interface) had no drivers installed (Code 28).

Even when I pointed device manager to C:\SWSetup\SP66243\drivers, it said no driver was found.

I even tried installing with AV/FW disabled, but to no avail.

How I resolved the problem was by:

1. Opening Device Manager
  2. Double click the unknown device
  3. Click the Update Driver button
  4. Click Browse my computer for driver software
  5. Click Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer
  6. Click Have Disk
  7. Point directly to the Windows 7 64-bit .INF drivers files (NOT the windows 8.1 drivers, those didn't seem te work).

Hope this helps someone else, cause I lost a lot of time looking for a solution.

HP Recommended

I had the same Problem and found the following solution:

Produktname: HP EliteBook Folio 1040 G1

Produktnummer: H5F67EA#ABD

Windows 8.1 Pro 64-Bit

Device Manager showed 4 devices without driver:

HP Mobile Connect - Application Interface

HP Mobile Connect - GPS Interface

HP Mobile Connect - Network Card

HP Mobile Connect - PC UI Interface

I found the Problem in the Device Manager USB Device Controller

Here there is a "USB-Netzwerkadaptermodul für mobiles Breitband" (German name) which had installed a standard Microsoft Win 8.1 driver

This device Driver was wrong. I changed it to the HP Driver in SP66243. Then the device is called USB Composite Device and the system is installing all the HP Mobile Connect Drivers.

Now the system is running fine.

HP Recommended

Final fix to this issue!

Hi all

After working on this issue for what seems to be weeks, we have spent hours trying to get this to work.

Situation:

We bought ~7 of the HP 612 Pro X2 tablets for use in our enterprise enviroment.

As standard we always image our devices with our own cooperate image. Note that I feel if you use the HP OEM image it will likely work out of the box, but have not tested it as it's not a viable option for us.

Also note as someone has already mentioned in this thread, that the GOBI device is a re-branded Huawei ME906E. The instructions provided by the user ulfun in the post above are half of a solution but not really the correct solution, as you only need the HP drivers SP66243, which are the download on HP drivers website that are around 35MB, not the newer 'Gobi 4g' drivers that are 130MB+ - I did not use those.

After installing our image, and our MDT server deployed all of the drivers, the HP GOBI lt4112 device was left outstanding. I tried to install the drivers from the HP website (sp66243). As many people find, the installer does not actually install the drivers. You will still have 4 outstanding drivers for the GOBI 4G device.  We do not typically use 3G or 4G in our business so we did not worry initally.

A few days later a user came back to us that wanted to use the 3G function.

As we knew we could not get the drivers to install we called HP and logged a case - HP spent hours remoting onto the tablet and re-installing the drivers, with no success. In the end they sent us a system restore CD which would restore the original factory image, which is not a viable option for us.

After further searching online, I have determined the problem.

If you look in your device manager, under USB controllers/device catagory, there will be a device named 'USB Mobile Broadband device', or something similar to this (I have already updated it now so the name has changed.) One user on another forum thread mentioned it had a geman name, but for me it was just called something like 'HP Mobile Broadband USB'. You need to right click this device, and update the driver. When you update the driver, choose 'browse for drivers on my computer' and point it to the 'C:\SwSetup\SP66243' location. It should find the CORRECT driver for this device and update. The one it already has will be incorrect. The device will now be named 'USB Composite Device' and now that it works, you can go back and install the 4 outstanding GOBI drivers by choosing 'browse for drivers' and pointing to either  'C:\SwSetup\SP66243' or 'C:\program files (x86)\HP 3G Mobile Broadband' folder as we were trying before.

So in conclusion, the issue in Windows 8.1 is the driver under 'USB controller' catagory in device manager installs automatically with the wrong driver. It seems to serve some function to the GOBI devices, so you need to install the correct driver for this 'USB mobile broadband' item before the others.

Thanks all. I had to post this fix as it was causing us a lot of trouble, and hope it helps some other people.

HP Recommended

Thanks! This was the solution that finally worked for me.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.