Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Pavilion 14
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello, so I have such a weird problem I could say. So, I use my HP Pavilion 14 notebook mostly for online schooling, using Google Meet. Everything goes well every day until, at some point, the internet connection starts to fall. When this happens, I usually switch from my home Wi-Fi to the personal hotspot on my phone, and then everything is OK again, so at first I thought this was all due to my poor internet connection. Recently I tried switching from this notebook to a 2 in 1 laptop that I also own, an Allview Wi1001N, which is by far not as good as this notebook if we talk about specifications, however during the classes on Meet it has no internet connection problems when I use the home Wi-Fi, unlike the HP, so now I don't know what to believe: is it the Wi-Fi to blame or is it my HP notebook to blame?  I should also specify that I tried troubleshooting the network adapter and it said that it couldn't identify any problems, and I also tried using the HP Network Check, which also said that everything was alright. I don't know if anyone encountered this kind of problems before, and if you think that you can help me I would be extremely grateful. Thank you for your help! 

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi:

The product specs for your notebook indicate that it comes with a Realtek RTL8821CE 802.11b/g/n/ac (1x1) Wi-Fi® and Bluetooth® 4.2 adapter.

HP Pavilion - 14-ce0009nf Product Specifications | HP® Customer Support

Unfortunately, that model wifi card and its cousin, the  RTL8822CE 2x2 model card have major issues with connectivity and I have no idea why HP continues to use these model cards in their notebooks.

The only suggestion I can offer would be to install the latest wifi and bluetooth drivers for that card if you have not done so already...These are newer than what is on your notebook's support page.

Realtek RTL8821CE Wireless LAN Driver

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp108501-109000/sp108893.exe

Realtek RTL8xxx Series Bluetooth Driver

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp110001-110500/sp110200.exe

HP Recommended

Hi, I installed these 2 drivers from the links that you have attached, so now I shall just have to wait until after the winter holiday when the online school starts again to check if the problem is solved or not. I really appreciate your prompt answer! Thank you very much!

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.