Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion 15 Notebook
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
My HP Pavilion 15 Notebook has suddenly stopped displaying any and all network connections, regardless of the network I am trying to connect to. I have checked the device manager and discovered that the wireless adapter is no longer listed as a device, the only thing listed being the Ethernet adapter. I have tried using HP Recovery Manager to install any new drivers and update any potentially dated drivers, but nothing has warranted a solution thus far. This problem has happened before, but after a few reboots the WiFi adapter somehow became available again, as I was able to use WiFi over a number of different networks once again. However, the fix was short lived, as it has now gone away again and has yet to come back. Any and all suggestions are greatly appreciated.
1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @Drew2452,

Thanks for engaging in HP support Forums! This is a wonderful location to converse with the community, get assistance and find tips! I understand you are facing an issue with the wireless card on the computer. Happy to help.

Kudos to you for trying to troubleshoot the issue on your own.

Could you provide me with the exact model of the PC? Use this link to find it:  https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c03754824  (Ensure you do not share any of your personal information such as serial, phone number, email ID, etc...).

Have you tried to reinstall the wireless adapter or rollback the driver?

Did it happen after a recent software update or Windows update?

In the meantime, let's try these steps here: 

Please check if the wireless adapter is enabled in device manager (check if there are any errors)

Open network and sharing center by doing right-click on the network icon the taskbar. 

On the network and sharing center screen, select the option on the left - change adapter settings.

This would display the network adapters on the computer. 

Right-click on the wireless adapter and check if it is enabled and try to connect to your network. 

Please uninstall the wireless adapter listed in device manager, delete the driver when prompted. 

Once done, restart the computer and then update the Bios, Chipset and Wireless card drivers on your PC from our HP support website, using this link.

Also, download and install HP support assistant on your PC. It should automatically download and install the latest updates and drivers for your PC.

Refer this link to know how to use HP support assistant.

Click here to find common fixes to your concern (if only your device cannot connect to the network but others can).

Meanwhile, The best way to do that is using the HP Guided troubleshooter: 

Click here to access it (simply select your description of the issue from the bottom of the screen to gain access to the next set of steps that should resolve your concern).

Please let me know if this resolves the issue, or if you require further assistance!

Eagerly waiting for your response!

I hope you have a good day ahead,

And Feel free to ask your queries as this forum has some of the best people in the world available and ready to help.

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.