cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
The HP Calculator Community Message Board is moving. While we prepare for the move, we are unable to accept new postings. During the move, you can look for help from other users by visiting https://www.hpmuseum.org/ . Or if you need technical support for your calculator visit: HP Calculators. .
olivia17
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

HP Spectre 13 Device Descriptor Request Failed (Code 43)

HP Recommended
HP Spectre x360 Convertible 13-ae0xx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

My HP Spectre only has one USB port. No matter what device I connect to it, it doesn't recognize anything. When I connect a mouse (either Wireless USB or Wired), my Device Manager shows:

"Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43)

A request for the USB device descriptor failed."

This is what I've tried so far:

• Restarting computer
  • Trying it on different laptop -- it works fine on other laptops
  • Disabling device on Device Manager and re-enabling it
  • Uninstalling the driver and re-installing it
  • Windows Update -- it is up to date
  • Updating Chipset Driver
  • Updating BIOS
  • Connecting a USB hub and plugging mouse -- the mouse keeps getting disconnected and re-connected. VERY annoying.

Now I've run out of ideas, and it is still not working. If anyone has solved this issue by doing something that I haven't done so far, please let me know. This laptop is only 2 years old so I'm not sure why it's not working. Should I contact the Customer Service to see if this is a hardware problem?

+ My Operating System is Windows 10, x64. Processor is Intel Core i5-8250.

1 REPLY 1
The_Fossette
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
29,155 21,825 1,962 2,158
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@olivia17

I reviewed your post and I understand that the USB port on the computer is not working.

Don’t worry, I assure you I will try my best to get this sorted.

I recommend you follow the steps in the below article and perform a recovery on the computer and check if it helps.

https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c06162205

If you continue facing the issue, then follow the steps in the below article and perform a test on the USB port.

https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c03467259

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

P.S: Welcome to the HP Support Community 😊

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

Stay Home – Stay Safe

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation