Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Spectre 13-ac000 x360 Convertible PC
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I want to use Wake on Lan, but it is not working.
I have done all in this link

https://support.hp.com/ph-en/document/c04947950

And WoL works only when my computer is in sleep mode, but it does not work when it is shut down.
I was unable to find WoL in BIOS, why is that so? This model should support this.

I have the notebook connected via ethernet cable that is plugged into a USB-C dock that is powering itself.

Any ideas?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Force12345

Unfortunately HP Consumer Notebooks or Desktops do not support these features

The WOL feature and other advance BIOS features are available on Commercial Products only

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" on this Post and it will also help other community members with similar issue.

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@Force12345

I have gone through your Post and would like to help

You will not be able to change any settings in BIOS relating to Wake On LAN since this Model does not support this option

HP Pc’s uses a customized BIOS setting (Tattooed BIOS) of which some features including overclocking, increasing the VRAM, WOL etc are locked. This is done in the best interest of safeguarding the PC for the optimal performance and not to cause any extensive component failure.

Thank you

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" on this Post and it will also help other community members with similar issue.

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi KrazyToad and thank you for your answer.

You will not be able to change any settings in BIOS relating to Wake On LAN since this Model does not support this option

Does it mean that it is not possible to remotely turn on my laptop? Are there any other option?
Is it possible to set the laptop to turn on after AC plugged in or turned on?

Thank you

HP Recommended

@Force12345

Unfortunately HP Consumer Notebooks or Desktops do not support these features

The WOL feature and other advance BIOS features are available on Commercial Products only

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" on this Post and it will also help other community members with similar issue.

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

Ok, thank you for your answer. Now I am sorry I bought HP. Because other brands support this even for consumers and I didn't expect hp not to...

HP Recommended

@Force12345

I understand your disappointment. HP Consumer Notebooks are designed as such with limited adjustable features in the BIOS

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.