Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Stream 11 Laptop
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Stream laptop will not connect to internet via wi-fi.  How can I find the wireless driver to reinstall, if I cannot get on the internet?

11 REPLIES 11
HP Recommended

Hi:

What is the product number of your notebook?

Use this guide to find that information...

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c00033108

Once you provide that info, I will give you the link to the wifi driver you need.

You would download it from another PC, copy it to a USB flash drive, plug the flash drive into your PC's USB port and install the driver from the flash drive.

HP Recommended

Product ID  

00356-02005-59257-AAOEM

[edit]

HP Stream Laptop11 - ah0xx

Is any of this what you need?

HP Recommended

Hi:

It is not exactly what I needed, but the 11-ah0xx should suffice.

According to the 11-ah000 driver page, this is the wifi driver your notebook needs.

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp92501-93000/sp92638.exe

If that doesn't work you will need to find the notebook's product number, which will be in this format...5ES85EA#ABA

HP Recommended

So should that be a bluetooth driver?  The bluetooth is actually working on the laptop.  When I try to copy the file over to the laptop, it says "this mode of windows only runs verified apps from the store" and gives an option to copy to clipboard.  What do I do with it if I copy to clipboard?  Since I can not get on the internet via this laptop, I can not run a verified app from the store.

HP Recommended

So your notebook has W10 in S mode?

Can you go to the device manager, click on the bluetooth device manager category, and let me know the model of the bluetooth adapter listed there?

It should be an Intel one or a Realtek one.

HP Recommended

Realtek Bluetooth 4.2 Adapter

HP Recommended

OK,

Your notebook has a Realtek wifi adapter, not the Intel one.

If the wifi driver is missing, there should be a device listed in the device manager labeled as a Network Controller.

It will have a little ! mark next to it.

Do you see such a device listed in the device manager?

If you don't, then there is a hardware issue of some kind, or a very bad software issue, and the first step I recommend would be to do a factory reset of the notebook.  Back up any files you need to save onto a portable hard drive before performing a factory reset.

If you do see a Network Controller device in the device manager, let me know, and I will give you the steps to manually install the Realtek wifi driver without having to run an exe file, since you can't do that in S-Mode.

HP Recommended

Under Network adapters (don't see network controller) there are two items marked bluetooth device and 8 items listed as WAN Miniport (IKEv2, IP, IPv6, L2TP, Network Monitor, PPPOE, PPTP, SSTP).  All say "This device is working properly".  Don't know if this helps, trying to be thorough.

HP Recommended

Your Realtek wifi adapter has gone missing from the device manager.

At the top of the device manager window, click on the View tab and select the Show hidden devices option.

Then go back to where you are looking under the Network Adapters device manager category and see if you see some model Realtek wifi adapter showing up in light shade.

If you do, right click on it, select Uninstall, check the uninstall driver box, restart the PC and see if Windows reinstalls the wifi adapter so it shows up normally and works.

If that doesn't work, or you don't see it as a hidden device, then most likely the wifi card has failed and needs to be replaced.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.