Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
dv6-3155dx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have a HP dv6-3155dx that I would like to add Bluetooth to. Is there a wireless card that I can add for bluetooth or a bluetooth card I can add?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi:

The part number for the card you posted does not match the Broadcom 4313 with bluetooth listed in the service manual, so I doubt it would work.

I didn't suggest the BCM card in the service manual because you would be losing dual band capability, and wireless display capablility if you swap out the nice Intel card you have for the Broadcom one.

So, if you want the bluetooth more than the above features, get the one listed in the service manual...

Broadcom 4313 802.11b/g/n 1x1 WiFi and 2070 Bluetooth 2.1+EDR Combo Adapter  HP Part # 600370-001.

HP used a BIOS whitelist in notebooks prior to around 2013, and no cards will work unless they are listed in the service manual and they must have the specific HP part number on them.

You can probably find the above card cheap on eBay by querying by the part number.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hi:

I would just get an external usb bluetooth adapter.

Your notebook uses the separate HP bluetooth module and cable, and you would have to pretty much take the whole notebook apart to install those components.

But if you are up to the challenge, see chapter 3 page 23 for the bluetooth module and cable part numbers, and chapter 4 for how to install them.

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c02657339

HP Recommended

Hi Paul! I'm always up to the challenge :generic:

By any chance would you have a link to the literature you referenced?

HP Recommended

Yes, I posted it above...

HP Recommended

Not sure how I missed it... but I did. Got it, thanks!

Also I just ran across this WIFI card that has Bluetooth as well and says it's for the dv6-3000, not sure for my v6-3155dx.

NEW FOR HP Pavilion dv6-3000 dv5-2000 802.11n WiFi Bluetooth 2.1 Card 657308-001

Any thoughts?

HP Recommended

Hi:

The part number for the card you posted does not match the Broadcom 4313 with bluetooth listed in the service manual, so I doubt it would work.

I didn't suggest the BCM card in the service manual because you would be losing dual band capability, and wireless display capablility if you swap out the nice Intel card you have for the Broadcom one.

So, if you want the bluetooth more than the above features, get the one listed in the service manual...

Broadcom 4313 802.11b/g/n 1x1 WiFi and 2070 Bluetooth 2.1+EDR Combo Adapter  HP Part # 600370-001.

HP used a BIOS whitelist in notebooks prior to around 2013, and no cards will work unless they are listed in the service manual and they must have the specific HP part number on them.

You can probably find the above card cheap on eBay by querying by the part number.

HP Recommended

Great info as always from Paul. Now to weigh the options... Thanks!

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.