Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
EliteBook 850 G7
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

We have big issues with our new 840/850 G7 machines and Mini docks and lately maybe the dongles too. PXE booting is working on all but when the tasks are finished and the machine boots in the Windows OS the connection is lost. I extracted the dock drivers (1.17.1) and imported them to the 850 G7 driver package but it's still not working.

Never had soo much problems with this G7 and dock. I hope the G8 will work again like G6 and older models

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hello

if you are using HP USB-C-to-rj45 dongle,

check the dongle revision version. it's written on the label.

if it's revision B, you have to update the firmware.

to update the dongle firmware download those two softpaqs:

1) ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp110001-110500/sp110277.exe  this is latest USB Realtek Ethernet driver. for both WinPE and Windows 10

2) firmwarefor dongle  ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp111001-111500/sp111241.exe 

3) even better update the 840 G7 BIOS. ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp110501-111000/sp110906.exe , there were several issue if BIOS is a version before 01.01.07

to update dongle firmware

install the driver on a computer with an USB-C port

attach the dongle

run sp111241, inside it you will see an executable. start it, follow the instruction on the display , in few seconds the firmware will be updated. don't remove the dongle until you see the message that firmware has benn succesfully updated.

bye

HP Recommended

Ok, this is for the dongle (which we don't received yet) so for the mini dock, is there a solution as this is used by many of our clients?

There's no process at the moment to update bios, so we need to solve this with the drivers 🙂

HP Recommended

for Mini-dock

check USB-Realtek driver version, use the softpaq I wrote for USB-C Dock,  and notebook BIOS version.

then try go enter Device manager, select USB Realtek LAN , open properties, advancde tab, then form the lis of parameters , find "Selective Suspend" and change the setting from "Enabled" to "Disabled".

let us now if these helps

bye

HP Recommended

Ok, I can check the drivers you wrote but I cannot manually change those parameters as the install is unattended and within a task sequence (SCCM). Can you put the link to the pack you made?

I checked also the dongle driver(sp110277.exe) and the one on Lenovo website: https://support.lenovo.com/us/en/downloads/ds501902-thinkpad-usb-c-dock-driver-for-windows-10-7-8-81...

Both are 10.39.0518.2020 but Lenovo support a few more models it seems.

HP Recommended

Hello

current driver provide by HP is the same version of the one provided by Lenovo.

Could you check the power supply of the 850 G7 , is it's 45W or 65 ?  and in case it's 45W , try with a 65W.

I was understanding that LAN connection is lost using  the HP mini DOCK when windows is working, and in that case you can disable "Selecive suspend".

bye

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.