cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
Highlighted
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

HP wireless collaboration keyboard - incorrect keys

HP Recommended
HP Pavilion - 15-cw1507sa
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi, I have a new HP wireless collaboration keyboard that displays different keys to the HP notebook.

Examples are Shift £ shows as Shift # but when typed in it is Shift £.

The wireless keyboard shift @ key is actually shift " and shift " is actually shift @.

key \ next to the enter key is #, and  shift on the same key | is actually ~

All letters of the alphabet are correct  as are the number keys. 

Any suggestion why the wireless collaboration keyboard is so different to the HP notebook

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
24,137 24,025 1,327 1,409
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@HH1848

Welcome to the HP support community.

To type the alternate character on a key, press the right Alt key and the desired key. For example, type Alt + E to type € on a French or German keyboard.

Different keyboard layouts have different alternate characters. Please examine your keyboard to see what alternate characters should be available.

Figure : Right Alt key

Image: Right Alt key

You can refer this HP document for more assistance:- Click here

I hope that helps.

To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 3
73 71 1 5
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Hello, I have another HP remote joint effort console that shows various keys to the HP journal. Models are Shift £ shows as Shift # however when composed in it is Shift £. The remote console move @ key is really move " and move " is really move @. key \ close to the enter key is #, and move on a similar key | is really ~ All letters of the letter set are right similar to the number keys. Any proposal why the remote joint effort console is so extraordinary to the HP note pad
0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation