Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion - 15-cw1507sa
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi, I have a new HP wireless collaboration keyboard that displays different keys to the HP notebook.

Examples are Shift £ shows as Shift # but when typed in it is Shift £.

The wireless keyboard shift @ key is actually shift " and shift " is actually shift @.

key \ next to the enter key is #, and  shift on the same key | is actually ~

All letters of the alphabet are correct  as are the number keys. 

Any suggestion why the wireless collaboration keyboard is so different to the HP notebook

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@HH1848

Welcome to the HP support community.

To type the alternate character on a key, press the right Alt key and the desired key. For example, type Alt + E to type € on a French or German keyboard.

Different keyboard layouts have different alternate characters. Please examine your keyboard to see what alternate characters should be available.

Figure : Right Alt key

Image: Right Alt key

You can refer this HP document for more assistance:- Click here

I hope that helps.

To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended
Hello, I have another HP remote joint effort console that shows various keys to the HP journal. Models are Shift £ shows as Shift # however when composed in it is Shift £. The remote console move @ key is really move " and move " is really move @. key \ close to the enter key is #, and move on a similar key | is really ~ All letters of the letter set are right similar to the number keys. Any proposal why the remote joint effort console is so extraordinary to the HP note pad
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.