4 3 1 0
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post

Solved!

HP x360 Convertible wifi keeps disconnecting

HP Recommended
HP x360 Convertible
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I  bought a new HP x360 Convertible laptop in Jan 2019 from Warehouse Stationery in NZ.  It has been fine on the internet up until a month ago (just over a year since I've had it).  Now it keeps dropping  the internet wifi.  I am needing to reset my router every time I want to connect to the network.  Then it only stays connected for a very short time, sometimes only a minute.  I have tried updating the network driver and performing the latest Windows update to no avail. There seems to be a lot of others on the forums having similar issues.  I have tried it on the school wifi and it drops off there also.  I have also removed the McAfee software, that didnt help either.  I have fast broadband in my house, and theres many devices connected to it via wifi, nothing else is losing connection, only this one laptop.  I would like to hard-wire it to the modem, but this laptop doesnt have a port for an Ethernet cable.  I have also tried sitting the laptop right next to the modem/router, but it still falls off the wifi.  Help please 🙂

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
BlueParrot
Author
Level 1
4 3 1 0
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I ended up purchasing an external wifi adaptor dongle for $50NZ so the laptop now connects to the internet seamlessly using that.  Pretty disappointed that  i had to resort to that though. The laptop is only 18months old.  It was having trouble connecting to the wifi at my house as well as at my daughters school.  Put better wifi adaptors in your laptops HP.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
banhien
Level 19
Level 19
92,830 92,707 12,004 25,590
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@BlueParrot 

Re install driver may help BUT what is your HP x360 Convertible  ? Please use the following way to find out model/product of your machine

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c00033108

Please do NOT post its Serial number (s/n).

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

0 Kudos
BlueParrot
Author
Level 1
4 3 1 0
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi, the product number is:

4CF57PA#ABG

HP Convertible x360 11-ab1xx

i have updated the web adapter driver, it said it was up-to-date, but I’m not getting on the WiFi at all now.

How am I supposed to update the Drivers or do anything really without being able to access WiFi? There’s no Ethernet port either.

cheers

0 Kudos
BlueParrot
Author
Level 1
4 3 1 0
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I guess i could purchase an external web adaptor dongle?

0 Kudos
BlueParrot
Author
Level 1
4 3 1 0
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I ended up purchasing an external wifi adaptor dongle for $50NZ so the laptop now connects to the internet seamlessly using that.  Pretty disappointed that  i had to resort to that though. The laptop is only 18months old.  It was having trouble connecting to the wifi at my house as well as at my daughters school.  Put better wifi adaptors in your laptops HP.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation