11-07-2016 08:52 AM
- HP x4000b Bluetooth mouse does not work with Dell Latitude E5450 notebook and Windows 7.
- My Dell notebook/laptop is connected to the HP Bluetooth mouse, but it will not pair.
- I purchased the mouse on Nov. 6, 2016 from BestBuy.
- It works flawlessly with my MacBook Pro 2013.
- I have made sure to turn off BlueTooth on all my Apple devices.
- I have removed the USB for the my wireless mouse to make sure that's not interfering.
- I have tried all Dell and HP diagnostics for BlueTooth.
- I have run Dell System Detect and Support Assist. The Bluetooth for the notebook is working correctly.
- I have installed fresh batteries in the mouse.
- The mouse power button is on and I've tried pressing the Connect button on the mouse multiple times.
- I followed the instructions on this page to update the driver: http://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-x4000b-bluetooth-mouse/5286917
- I've rebooted multiple times.
11-09-2016 11:30 AM
Hi! @ginafromtampa, Thanks for stopping by the HP Support Forums!
I understand that you are unable to pair HP Bluetooth mouse with Dell laptop.
Try few steps recommended below.
To pair Bluetooth devices using Windows 7 or Windows Vista:
1. Make sure your computer’s Bluetooth function is turned on.
2. Click Start > Control Panel.
3. Windows 7: Under the Hardware and Sound section, click Add a device.
- or -
Windows Vista: Under the Hardware and Sound section, click Add a Wireless Device under
4. Turn on the Bluetooth device, and then press the Connect button on the bottom of the device.
In a few moments, the Bluetooth device should appear in the list of discovered Bluetooth
5. Select the device, and then click Continue to begin the pairing process.
Refer this article to further troubleshoot paring issues: http://hp.care/2fE0yaV
Let me know if this helps!
I am an HP Employee