Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

Hi lsquaredking,

Thanks for the input mate. Amazing that you were onto it way quicker than HP. 

I'm going to give that a try and see how I go. At the moment, it's freezing probably once every 10 minutes which is pretty **bleep** annoying so I hope that I can get some improvement.

I really hope HP take a look at it too, surely they should be able to get their OWN mouse to work with their OWN system on the latest, most common operating system!!

Thanks again lsquaredking

HP Recommended

I have the same problem as the previous writer. I recently bought an HP Spectre x360 Convertible 15-bl0XX laptop. The z5000 bluetooth mouse was displayed next to the laptop, with the matching colors, etc. A reasonable buyer would presume they were compatible! The mouse freezes repeatedly during use, which is a major annoyance when you are trying to get work done. I feel like I was duped into spending $50+ on a bluetooth mouse that is incompatible with their new flagship laptop. Why would HP release a "high-end" mouse that is two generations of operating systems behind? This is added to my frustration that I had to order a second compatible charger cable with a USB-C connector from a vendor in England, because HP USA still does not have one available for purchase! While I am happy with my laptop, HP customer service has been very disappointing. I cannot imagine how HP can release a cutting edge product like the Spectre x360, and have ZERO accessories to enhance its performance. I chose HP over several other competitors expecting better. 

HP Recommended

Agreed. This did nothing on Win 10 operating system.

HP Recommended

I have the exact same problem with freezing, but scrolling works and the laptop track pad works. Top of the line Spectre 360, top of the line hp z5000 mouse and they don't work well together. They were not cheap!! I didn't even want this mouse, I wanted another microsoft or logictec BT mouse bc of better ergonomics, but this is what Best Buy had in stock and they were obviously designed to go together.

They look great, same color scheme, but I want to throw this mouse across the room 12 times a day.

HP you HAVE to fix this. You're giving your self a huge black eye.  You think high end buyers are going to buy your gear again after this?

HP Recommended

Here hat your own  store says about this mouse,

" COMPATIBILITY   Compatible to all Bluetooth enabled Notebooks and Desktops"

mouse.JPG

HP Recommended

COMPATIBILITY   Compatible to all Bluetooth enabled Notebooks and Desktops"

... that are three generations of operating systems behind the times!

HP Recommended

I have been looking for a week now on how to solve this same problem. I have tried a few bluetooth mice, and have come to the conclusion that is has to be  the laptop, likely the bluetooth driver. HP needs to fix this, or the Intel driver. I don't see other things. I have the same bluetooth mouse working flawlessly with a 2 year old version of the HP x360, and have gone through all of the logical tests for both mice and computer.

I noticed that if you watch the connection light (on the mice I have been using) it blinks and at the same time the Device Manager window in windows refreshes at the same time. This could point to the problem.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.