Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP 15
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I’ve been trying to solve this issue my self but it looks like it something that I can’t do it and I need help. I have an Hp 15 64 bits WIN 10  with the driver Realtek PCe FE Family Controller, everything was ok until I updated WIN 10 1803, suddenly my WiFi connections were gone so I find out that the driver Realtek RTL 8188EE 802.11 bgn WiFi adapter was going on and off I mean sometimes use to appear in the network driver and sometimes not, after many tries it’s not anymore there and sometimes show up. I tried resetting networks, updating the lan driver and also the WiFi driver when it was shown up, i reset my PC system, I tried to download new drivers but says that they are not compatible with my OS, I uninstall in the device manager and scan for updates system, but today finally show some sign of error saying about that doesn’t have enough space and I have to disable everything to make the changes run Code 12, I did it I disable all and nothing, I run as well the HP Pc hardware test all passed but I couldn’t do the WiFi driver because is not shown. As a information this laptop was upgraded from windows 7 to 10. What should I do? Thanks for your help!!!!!

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Jucaroagu Most likely the drivers from Windows 10 aren't available for your device as it was shipped with Win7, you could try the below steps, however, if nothing works, you will have to switch back to Windows 7 to resolve this issue,

Also, Did you try reinstalling the wireless adapter? (please do, if you haven't)

While you respond to that, here's what you need to do:

1. Remove All Barriers: Certain building materials can get in the way of weaker signals like Bluetooth. Metal, bulletproof glass, concrete and plaster are particularly bad, and marble, plaster and brick aren’t great easy. So if you’re really struggling with interference, your first step should be to move your Bluetooth devices away from these materials. That means no brick walls between you and your devices, and definitely no metal desks!

2. Change Router Channel: If you have an Apple router and you’re constantly getting interference with your WiFi, try rebooting it. Upon restart, the station will search for a new channel. Specifically, a different channel than the one your Bluetooth devices are using to communicate. If you don’t have an Apple router, you may need to instead go into your router settings and try changing the channel manually. Experiment with different channels to see which one works best.

3. Move Closer to Your Router: If you often find that you’re getting interference when talking on a wireless headset while on a WiFi call (you’ll know because you’ll hear static), try moving closer to your router. This will give you a more robust WiFi connection, so the Bluetooth frequency can’t overpower it.

4. Get Away From Microwaves and Fluorescent Lighting: Both emit frequencies of 2.4GHz, and moving away from them will distance you from the source.

That said, The best way to resolve the issue is by using the HP Guided Troubleshooter: 

CLICK HERE FOR STEP BY STEP INSTRUCTIONS.

(simply select your description of the issue from the bottom of the screen to gain access to the next set of steps that should resolve your concern).

P.S: Welcome to HP Community 😉

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank you for your answer, yes I’ve tried everything possible including a HP system recovery but still showing after that Windows 10 version 1909, did all the updates, so how I can roll back to windows 7? Since it’s not showing me to roll back then. If anytime I could rollback Windows 7 should I go back to Windows 10? Or would have this error which is showing still about COD 12. Another question is how I should reinstall the driver? Using Device Manager? Or through out the website? Or where I could have the driver from? I wanted to uninstall lan driver and WiFi adapter but not success went through.

thanks very much for you answer

HP Recommended

Hello

I have exactly the same problem with a HP 15-r214nk after installing Windows 10. The Wifi didn't work: it s desactivated. I try to activate it. It shows wifi activated, but it's not. When I try to see networks, it tells me to ractivate it in 1 hour, 1 day, etc...

So the temporary solution I found is to restart in safe mode, go to device manager and remove the Wireless card. I reboot the computer. The wifi is working (with whatever driver from 2019 or 2018). But under properties of the wireless card, I go to Events and it shows:

Le périphérique PCI\VEN_10EC&DEV_B723&SUBSYS_2231103C&REV_00\4&3511be14&0&00E5 nécessite que l'installation soit poursuivie.

it's in french. It seems that something still wants to install: The device ... requires that the installation be continued.

I found that it's linked to hp8723be.ndi

and when I restart the computer, the wifi still doesn't work. So I have to go back to safe mode and remove again the Wireless card ...

So, in my opinion, there is a problem with this driver under Windows 10. 

A solution is to replace the Realtek driver with a Qualcomm Atheros one !!!!!!!! But I don't know which one.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.