Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP ENVY m6 Sleekbook
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

Hi- I am having serious issues with my computer connecting to my home Wi-Fi.  My boyfriend's laptop (toshiba operating on windows 7), his phone (iPhone), my phone (samsung galaxy s4), and iPod are ALL connecting to my Home internet connection, EXCEPT MY FREAKING LAPTOP.  I have a HP ENVY m6 Sleekbook and it is operating on Windows 8.  It has connected to my wireless internet before, and all of a sudden it won't work. 

Now when I go to connect to my network my computer says "checking network requirements" and then after awhile just says "can't connect to internet"  

I've tried everything.  EVERYTHING.  I've:

troubleshooted everything applicable/and even not applicable due to desperation.  (When I troubleshoot it says that it's either the network adapter or access point)

reset the network adapter, disabled, enabled.  ETC.

Even got a new driver.

I've done everything and nothing is working.  Thank god I have an ethernet cable at this point.    HELPPP

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi @rachelmarielong 

Welcome to the HP Support Forums!

I understand that your notebook was able to connect to your wireless network before, but no longer is. I am happy to assist.

Since you said it was working before, have you tried to do a system restore to a point back when it was still working? It is quite possible that some software or other driver or update, may have changed something affecting the wireless adapter.
Using Microsoft System Restore (Windows 😎

Have you checked to see if this notebook can still connect to a different wireless network?

If the restore does not help then try out things in this page:

Troubleshooting wireless network and Internet (Windows 😎

Also, you can look at the power management for your wireless adapter:
Disable the Power Off option for the adapter:
1. Open Device Manager. (Win Key+R > type devmgmt.msc > OK)
2. Expand the Network adapters.
3. Right click on the Ethernet/Wireless Adapter and click Properties.
4. Click the Power Management tab.
5. Remove the check mark beside Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power.
6. Click OK.
7. Test.

Forget the network: (Windows 😎
1. Press Windows Key + C
2. Click Settings.
3. Click Change PC settings.
4. Click Network on the left.
5. Click Manage known networks.
6. Click the network name.
7. Click Forget.

Reset the TCP/IP settings on your PC:
1. Go to your start screen/menu and type CMD.
2. Right click on the command prompt icon and chose Run as administrator.
3. In the window that opens type "netsh int ip reset resetlog.txt" without quotes, and press enter.
4. Restart your PC and test.

It may also help to reset the winsock catalogue:
1. Go to your start screen/menu and type CMD.
2. Right click on the command prompt icon and chose Run as administrator.
3. In the window that opens type "netsh winsock reset" without quotes, and press enter.
4. Restart your PC and test.

Reinstall the network adapter drivers:
1. Download the drivers from here but do not run them yet.
2. Go to your start screen/menu and type Device Manager.
3. Expand Network adapters.
4. Right click on the wireless adapter and choose Uninstall.
5. Run the downloaded drivers from step 1.
6. Restart your PC and test.

Test an ethernet connection:
Self explanatory. Test if the issue persists on a wired connection to rule out the wireless adapter hardware so troubleshooting can be directed towards the right areas.

Test another connection:
Many people rule out their home network as an issue if another device is working on the same network. Networking is not that simple. Each device interacts differently with your router or modem and it is impossible to rule out settings in that device until the notebook has been tested on another network.

Malygris1
I work on behalf of HP
Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click Kudos Thumbs Up on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

@rachelmarielong 

I was wondering if the tips given worked out for you? I'm having the same exact issue and I feel like I've tried everything under the sun. I just don't want to waste my time.

HP Recommended
Hi , im another customer that used this and I can say it did work!!

The instructions that I used to fix my prpblem was the resetting the winsock catalogue
HP Recommended

Dear Friends If Your Toshiba Laptop is Having Trouble Connecting With Wireless Network We Can Help You Fix This Issue .

Lets Just start With Few Basic Steps –

Restart Your Wireless Router And Internet Device (Modem)
    Check Your Firewall Or Antivirus Setting For Internet Connection .

Don’t Be Disappointed If Baby Steps Did Not Worked We Got Few More Steps That Might Help You To Get Your Internet Connection Back .

Why Toshiba Laptop Won’t Connect To WiFi –

Dear Friends Lets Just Try Few Thing First –

1-Restart Your Toshiba Laptop Along With Router .
    2-Please Update Your Wireless Adaptor Driver .Install The Latest Version of Wireless Driver .
    3-for more visit https://fixingblog.com/toshiba-laptop-wont-connect-wireless-network/
    4-Good Luck

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.