Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP notebook 15-ay019ne
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi. My laptop doesn´t want to create hotspot, because of these I can not use Zapya or Connectify. What could be the solution? Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@rafro

Thank you for posting back.

If it is a cable connection, you should click on the icon that looks like a little black computer screen down the right and see that the WiFi icon is blue (i.e. on) and that the Airplane mode is grey (off). Click on them to change if needed.

If you are connecting via WiFi you should see an icon composed of arcs instead of the computer screen icon but then again if your WiFi would not be working you would probably not be here at all so the above is not relevant.

Can you please also check and tell your WiFi adapter model just in case.

You can see that as follows:

1. Right-click on the Windows icon down left

2. Select Device Manager

3. Expand the Network adapters section

4. Take note of what it says on the Wireless/Wifi line.

if the issue persists try resetting the Windows firewall to the default settings:

• 1. Click on the Windows icon down left
  • 2. Type Control panel and click on it when found
  • 3. Click on Windows Defender Firewall
  • 4.  Click on Restore defaults

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

@rafro
Thank you for posting on HP Support Community.

• Did this happen after a recent window or software update?
  • Have you made any hardware/software changes?
  • Have you tried any troubleshooting steps?
  • Is this first-time setup?

Keep me posted for further assistance.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks for answering me. I had this problem long time ago but recently I reinstalled windows without keeping any configuration backup and the problem is still there. I´m using W10. I´ve tried the troubleshooting from Zapya apk and the one from Driver Boster with no results.

HP Recommended

@rafro

• Are you using HP's recovery media to reinstall Windows OS?
  • Are you able to locate mobile hotspot options in windows?
    Select the Start button, then select Settings > Network & Internet > Mobile hotspot.
    For Share, my Internet connection from, choose the Internet connection you want to share.
    Select Edit > enter a new network name and password > Save.
    Turn on Share my Internet connection with other devices.

Keep me posted for further assistance.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Here is a view of the settings you told me. As you can see it wont let me select the network source, although I´m connected through ethernet. I´m using Psiphon for VPN. Thanks.Untitled.png

PD: Excuse me if my English isn´t the best, It isn´t my mother lenguage

HP Recommended

Hi! You should also take a look at thisUntitled2.png

HP Recommended

@rafro

If it is a cable connection, you should click on the icon that looks like a little black computer screen down the right and see that the WiFi icon is blue (i.e. on) and that the Airplane mode is grey (off). Click on them to change if needed.

If you are connecting via WiFi you should see an icon composed of arcs instead of the computer screen icon but then again if your WiFi would not be working you would probably not be here at all so the above is not relevant.

Can you please also check and tell your WiFi adapter model just in case.

You can see that as follows:

1. Right-click on the Windows icon down left

2. Select Device Manager

3. Expand the Network adapters section

4. Take note of what it says on the Wireless/Wifi line.

if the issue persists try resetting the Windows firewall to the default settings:

• 1. Click on the Windows icon down left
  • 2. Type Control panel and click on it when found
  • 3. Click on Windows Defender Firewall
  • 4.  Click on Restore defaults

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks a lot! It turned out to be my Eset antivirus firewall!

HP Recommended

@rafro

I am glad to know that you managed to resolve the issue. Please reach out again for any further assistance.

Have a nice day ahead.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.