Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP DV5-1150US
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I am pretty sure I have downloaded the correct Network drivers, before downloading I checked the box for "No internet connection" thinking it would install the drivers even if i did not have connection, but i was wrong it would not install them due to no connection. How do i get the Network Drivers on the laptop. I tried using an ethernet cable and it said i add very little access and would no install the drivers. it said put them on a working pc(my desktop works) and then put them onto the flash drive, but i thought they were already on the flash drive? what can i do to get them installed with no internet access? i have them saved to my documents, its called "driverindentifier.exe?  Please can anyone help me, Thank You, Tom

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi

The usual answer is to download them.

I assume you have an internet connection to be able to post?

So tricky though it is, download and transfer.  Onto your phone/tablet then Bluetooth them over.

If you can post the Make, Model and OS along with Device Manager names for the ethernet cable we may be able to suggest a better method.

HP Recommended

Ok, Thank you for replying. i am using my desktop here to talk with you. but the laptop is the one that suddenly lost its network drivers when i did a windows update the other day. I then tried an system restore and the whole os had to be reset but without the drivers i might add. i have done everything i could that hp website etc has asked me to do, still no joy.  i keep getting NOT CONNECTED when using wifi and i did all the resets and fix's the only thing i can think of is to get a hold of the network drivers and see if i can install them directly into the laptop, but  I dont know if i can, the wifi says its not connected and the ethernet cabel gives a very low internet access, not enough to install or go to a website.

I dont know if this last resort i am going to try in the morning will work with no access but its the

http://www.hp-drivers-download.com/download/hp/sp41701.exe.html

the laptop is  an HP dv5-1150us    Thank You, Tom

HP Recommended

Hi

This seems to match...

https://support.hp.com/gb-en/product/HP-Pavilion-dv5-1100-Entertainment-Notebook-PC-series/3744201/m...

The Official HP drivers are here....

https://support.hp.com/gb-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-pavilion-dv5-1100-entertainment-notebook-pc-seri...

The W7 drivers are (I assume W7 because you didn't say)....

Broadcom Wireless LAN Driver for Windows 7

5.60.18.8 Rev. B20.6 MBOct 19, 2009Download

Intel PRO/Wireless Drivers for Microsoft Windows 7

13.0 Rev. A12.1 MBOct 22, 2009Download

Realtek PCI-E Fast Ethernet NIC Driver

6.208.729.2008 B5.1 MBNov 14, 2008Download
HP Recommended

Ok, what has happened now when i went onto the laptop this morning, it would not start up at all, repair said it could not repair it, so I am now doing another "return to previous OS, since i had to do this anyway  i said to remove all from the laptop for a clean system (hopefully). Will this bring back the drivers? Please let me know?  i will keep all the advice all gave me incase i have to look for drivers again. Hope to hear from you guys soon, but i will get back to you as soon as it brings back the os, (if it does!!lol!!!)Thank You Very Much.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.