Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
2377sr
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

How should I activate bluetooth on HP Pavilion G7?

HP Pavilion G7 2377 sr
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

First off, I followed driver installation steps. Then turning Bluetooth Support Services from MANUAL to AUTOMATIC. Even after that, again when I search bluetoothand click on it, it leads me to PC Setting, which there is no Bluetooth in it. 

2 REPLIES 2
Level 19
Level 19
78,891 78,790 9,716 21,001
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@2377sr

I can't find it specs and my question: does it have Bluetooth or not ? No Windows 8.1 Bluetooth driver from the support site

https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-pavilion-g7-2300-notebook-pc-series/5330581/mode...

Please check Device Manager to see which wireless card does your machine have and try Windows 8 driver for Bluetooth on the above link.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
0 Kudos
68pishta
Level 2
10 6 1 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

look under your battery for the wifi chip model. It should say "equipped with Atheros AMBxxx" or somthing like that printed in the battery well. Look up part number and find out if it actually has BT on the wifi chip. My G7-2293 did not come equipped with BT on its wifi card. 

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation