Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello i have a HP 240 G4 Laptop. The old Wifi Modules does not work properly anymore. So i changed it to an Intel AX210 NGW. The module works fine under Windows 10, tested it about 3 hours no Errors.

My only Problem is the incorrect Warning Message on Startup (Blocks Booting). Error 704 Wifi Modul is not supported.

How can i bypass this Error Message on Startup ?

Edit : After some Testing i realiced its only the Bluetooth Module which results in this error. But it works fine under windows too. As for now i dont use Bluetooth on this Laptop and the new Wifi Range and Speed is perfekt. (Deaktivated in the Bios Setting)

So if someone else wants to change his Wifi and does not use Blutooth i can confirmt this Module works perfekt.

Is it possible to activate  Bluetooth in Windows even if its disabled in Bios after Windows started  ?

Because Bluetooth works perfekt.

My  trick to get it started for now is (Both enabled in Bios) is to start windows and inserting the module after windows is booted -> searching for new hardware. No Errors so the error message must be a fals positve.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@Speedbones 

Your machine was built around April 2015, probably it has a whitelist please update BIOS (year 2020) first. Hope that fixes the problem, otherwise you have to use the original list of wifi adapters

• Broadcom BCM43142 802.11 b/g/n 1x1 Wi-Fi + BT4.0 M.2 Combo Adapter part # 792608-005
  • Realtek RTL8188EE 802.11b/g/n 1x1 Wi-Fi Adapter part # 792609-005
  • Realtek RTL8723BE 802.11b/g/n 1x1 Wi-Fi + BT4.0 Combo Adapter part # 792610-005
  • Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 3160 802.11ac 1×1 WiFi + BT 4.0 Combo Adapter part # 710662-005

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Hi Banhien, i already updated the Bios to the newest version. With the Intel AX210 NGW i get about 2500 Mbit/s up and down.

your Modules dont support Wifi 6E. And after looking at the adapters you posted i dont think they will fit.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.