Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion g6-1109sl Notebook

Hi everyone,

Please help me to solve the Wi-Fi driver problem. I can't use Wi-Fi because my Wi-Fi driver is missing. I also tried downloading Wi-Fi drivers from HP's website, but that didn't work either.

Product: Hp pavilion g6-1109sl

Serial number: [Personal Information Removed]

Product number: QC127EA#ABZ

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

Hi:

If there is no network controller device showing up in the device manager, your notebook probably has a Ralink wifi adapter and those don't work on the newer builds of W10.

That is the symptom of the problem. 

The Ralink Wi-Fi adapter suddenly disappears from the device manager without a trace.

Your only option would be to go back to W7 (not recommended) or purchase a USB Bluetooth adapter that is supported for W10.

This small model is dual band and also has Bluetooth.

RUIZHI Bluetooth Dongle, WLAN USB Stick AC600Mbit/s USB WLAN Adapter PC Dual Band 2.4G/5GHz, Interne...

Upgrading the internal Wi-Fi card in your notebook is not an option since it has a BIOS whitelist that blocks the operation of any other model Wi-Fi adapter other than the one that came with your notebook.

HP Recommended

It's not a W10 issue. I've been using W10 for 3-4 years but I haven't had any problems. I have noticed in the last 2-3 weeks that my WiFi is not working. I also downgraded to Windows 8, but that was the problem too.

HP Recommended

How can I download original Windows 7 with driver for Hp pavilion g6. Because Hp recover tool is unsupported for old Laptops

HP Recommended

What model Wi-Fi adapter does your notebook have?

Since I don't know, I can't give you the driver.

You can download any W7 drivers you need for your notebook from the link below:

HP Pavilion g6-1109sl Notebook PC Software- und Treiber-Downloads | HP® Kundensupport

HP recommends that you use Microsoft Edge to access the support pages since Internet Explorer has been retired and hardly works on websites anymore.

You can download Microsoft Edge for W7/W8/W8.1 from the link below.

Download Microsoft Edge

HP Recommended

I don't know 

IMG_20230222_152256.jpg

IMG_20230222_152350.jpg

HP Recommended

I have tried many times to download w7 and w8 drivers but always download failed. Pls help me

HP Recommended

Unfortunately, there isn't anything I can do to help other than to recommend that you remove and firmly reseat the Wi-Fi adapter.

Shut down, unplug the notebook and remove the battery.

Leave the antenna wires connected to facilitate an easier reinstall.

There is no Wi-Fi adapter present. Only the ethernet adapter is there.

Sometimes the contacts get oxidized, and the Wi-Fi adapter loses the electrical connection to the motherboard Wi-Fi card slot.

if that fails to get the card to work again, most likely the Wi-Fi card has failed and needs to be replaced.

Below is the link to the service manual where you can find the Wi-Fi card removal and replacement procedure.

c02834221.pdf (hp.com)

I would just buy the USB Wi-Fi adapter I recommended yesterday if you can't get the Wi-Fi card to show up.

HP Recommended

I have ralink RT5390. Can give you now driver?

HP Recommended

If you didn't get the Wi-Fi adapter to show up in the device manager, the driver will be completely useless to you.

Here are the links to the latest W7, W8.1 and W10 drivers for the RT5390 Wi-Fi adapter.

W7:

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp71001-71500/sp71421.exe 

W8.1:

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp69501-70000/sp69543.exe

W10:

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp71501-72000/sp71571.exe 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.