Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

Recently, I've rebooted my old Hp G60 Notebook using Recovery Manager (Windows Vista 32 bit). Everything was working right before until now.
When I try to connect to any network it displays "Connnection takes longer than usual" and I never gets connected.
My network adapters are Realtek RTL8102E running driver version 6.202.125.2008 and Atheros AR5007 running driver version 7.3.201.25.
I unistalled drivers, reinstalled them and still doesnt work. Please Help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi:

Try updating the driver for your Atheros WLAN card.

This is the newest one for your card.

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareDescription.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&prodTypeId=32...

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi:

Try updating the driver for your Atheros WLAN card.

This is the newest one for your card.

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareDescription.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&prodTypeId=32...

HP Recommended
Thank you so much !!
HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

HP Recommended

Hello mdliton. In order to assist you, I need to ask a few questions:

What is the name and model of your computer?

What is the Operating System of the computer?

What exactly are you trying to do, and do you have any specific issues?

Please repsond as soon as possible: I'm only here to help!

Mario

I worked on behalf of HP.
HP Recommended

I have had a similar issue with my HP G50-122CA notebook.  There was no wireless connection and a problem with the Atheros AR 5007 wireless adapter.  I did almost everything to get the adapter to work without success. I had other problems that had developed over the 6 years I owned the notebook.  In addition to the above problem when I put my notebook to sleep or in hibernation it would start up after a few hours by itself.  Another problem was hard drive clicking.  Then there was the pesky "exception EAcessViolation in module ltr.exe" which I couldn't rid off.  The "exception EAcessViolation in module ltr.exe" came from uninstalling a freeware software. 

My last resort to solve these problems I did a factory restore.  Amazingly, it solved all of my problems.  Very important to note that when doing a factory restore all data will be lost and make sure the valuable data is saved to be reinstalled later.

To do a factory restore, while computer is rebooting hit F11, a Windows submenu will pop up after a few seconds and prompt you to check boxes to initate the factory restore.  The submenu may vary depending on your HP computer model.

The problem appears to a software corruption and not the hardware.

Hope this helps.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.