Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
ProBook 450 G5
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

having wifi issue on this laptop fro the day first when i bought it it has realtek rtl 8821CE drivers.

i have tried everything including installing latest third prty drivers or the drivers on Hp website for this particular model

i have tried tweaking different setting like enaling/disabling 802.11d changing beacon interval to 110 or 90 from 100 

changing roaming aggressiveness disabling wake on magic packet or wake on pattern match

i also disabled ipv6 from wifi connection settings plus i have change it to private from public

but problem is persistent

wifi goes limited randomly on its own and then sometimes recovers itself sometimes i have to disable and reenable the wifi card or turn off and on wifi again

i also have changed ip from dhcp to static 

now the only option is to change the wifi card

this laptop comes with 2 other intel wifi cards too

would they run on my hp probook 450 g5 or would their be issue of whitelist/blacklist of hp?

plus this realtek rtl8821ce only has 1 antenna while those intel cards have two antennas what about that would it be an issue?

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi:

Yes, it would be an issue since your notebook only has one wifi antenna.

The Intel cards would need two antennas in order to work correctly.

By any chance, did you try the latest wifi driver that HP has for that model wifi adapter?

2024.0.6.104       Feb 25, 2019

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp95001-95500/sp95141.exe

That would be the only suggestion I can offer...

HP Recommended

as i said that i already have tried updating all drivers oldest and latest currently right now i have driver version 2024.0.8.101 dated 22-Feb-2019

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.