• post a message
Highlighted
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Hp stream no internet

HP Recommended
11-d001dx

My notebook will “connect” to WiFi however on Microsoft edge and google chrome I cannot go to websites other than google- no links from google work they just say it took too long to respond. I’ve tried restarting my router & modem, I’ve completely reset my notebook, and completed a system scan through the administrator command prompt. I don’t think it’s an issue with my internet connection as our phones, TVs, iPads, desktop computer and Xbox are all running fine. Unfortunately this model doesn’t even have a port to hardwire internet into it. 

Tags (1)
1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
3,285 3,268 147 198
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @Jdaws14

Welcome to the HP Support Community. I'd be happy to assist you

Due to the current global COVID-19 situation, we're seeing an influx of customers coming in for support. We appreciate your patience.

Make sure the wireless key or button is enabled

Most notebook computers have a button or keyboard key to turn the wireless signal on and off. Check the button or key status to confirm if the wireless signal is on.

1. Locate the wireless key or button. This could be an image of an airplane or a wireless signal.

Button or key

Description

A keyboard button with an icon of an airplane on it.

A standalone button with an airplane. This enables or disables “airplane mode” and turns off wireless and Bluetooth on the device.

The f12 button with an icon of an airplane on it.

F12 key with an airplane. This enables or disables “airplane mode” and turns off wireless and Bluetooth on the device.

The f12 key with a wireless icon and a LED light on it.

F12 key with wireless icon and LED. This enables or disables "wireless mode." The LED illuminates in white or blue if active, and amber if wireless is turned off.

A keyboard button with the wireless icon on it.

A standalone wireless button. This is typically located above or near the keyboard.

2. Press the button once, wait 10 seconds, and then observe any changes to the wireless connection icon in the notification area and to the LED light on the wireless button or key.

• If the button or key does not have a light, hover your mouse over the wireless connection icon in the notification area of the taskbar to see the current connection status.

• If the wireless signal is turned on, try connecting to the Internet again.

• If the wireless signal is turned off, press the button or key again to turn it back on, and then try connecting to the Internet again                                                 

Try step 2-4 in the document to resolve the error -Wireless Network and Internet Troubleshooting (Windows 10)

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation