Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP laptop / Envy 4524 Printer
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

New HP Envy 4524 All in one wireless printer has the following issues and is not connecting to HP lap top in a shared WIFI network.

1. Prints via Apple air print ok
  2. Prints via usb OK
  3. Fails to E print or via wifi network.

Info:

Printer is connected to a "StudentCom" network and displays it is connected in printer settings and has a specific IP address.

Using HP Scan and print doctor on my laptop it fails to see my printer but shows a 4520 printer on a different IP address.

My lap top connects to the apparent same "StudentCom" wifi network and accesses all other internet services but fails to see my printer.  In addition I am using HP instant ink and it appears not to be on any network and so is not monitirong my usage. Could there be serveral IP addresses within the same WIFI network given it is a University Halls location.

I will appreciate any help.

Thanks

Path 1963

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

You have to get it connected to the school wireless first. It might have conected to someone's cell phone hotspot who knows. 

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

And if you are using the school's network it is very likely the ports needed for internet services on your printer are blocked. In a dormitory room you probably want to print using usb. 

HP Recommended
Thanks for reply. The printer is connected to an Ip address. Other students dont have this issue and my laptop is seeing other printers on other wifi networks ?
Thanks again
HP Recommended

Let's keep working at it then. The title of your post says there is an IP conflict? Have you actually received an IP conflict warning? Are the laptop and printer on IP addresses close to each other numerically? Can you use Windows add printer utility and manually install the printer by IP address since you do know the IP of the printer? 

HP Recommended
Hi Huffer,
Thanks for further response. To clarify...it was my description that may be wrong..I have no error message saying IP conflict... printer settings show it has an IP address and Laptop shows other IPs for printers but not mine. Also the printer is not connecting to the wifi as the HP fast ink remote monitor confirms this. HP print and scan doctor cant see the printer...so why does the printer say successfully connected ? It is like a ghost wifi router. Printer thinks its connected but laptop and its wifi router say it cant see it. I will try the manual ip loading .
Thanks again
HP Recommended

You have to get it connected to the school wireless first. It might have conected to someone's cell phone hotspot who knows. 

HP Recommended

Hi Path 1963, 

Can you please let us know whether  your issue is resolved and what you did exactly ?

Thank you

Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.

Say “Thanks!” by clicking Kudos Star next to the Post that helps you.

Mark this Post “Accept as Solution” to say your issue is solved.

Note: You can find “Accept as Solution” only on threads started by you.

HP Recommended

Hi,

I did 2 things.

1. I reloaded the driver software and easy set up software.

This enable me to print off the network settings for the printer.  They were not the same as before

1. I then used the scan and print doctor from the HP support website .

This pulled up a list of avaialble printers (In a University halls...their are many)  From the settings sheet i was able to identify the IP address of my printer on the network and match it to one of the avalable printers on Scan and Print doctor.

My printer connected and works . My next step is to remove my original printer IDfrom my instant ink account and set it up for the correct ID.

Hope this helps.

Thanks

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.