Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP EliteBook 8570w
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I would like to install the LSI modem on Windows 10. So far this did not work. I am not even sure, if my HP Elitebook 8570w has this device. Perhaps someone knows if this is something that all 8570w have or may be it is just an optional device? Is there a way to find out? Any help is much appreciated!

HP EliteBook 8570w, DreamColor, nVidia Quadro K2000M, Windows 10 64-bit, 2x HP DreamColor LP2480zx, HP DreamColor Calibration System Colorimeter
4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi

I would run Piriform Speccy to view what hardware it can ID.

Then work from there.

HP Recommended

I did that. Relevant seemed to be the sections "Peripherals" and "Network". There was no modem listed. However, Speccy does also not show the Smart Card Reader (nor its ID). Therefore I am not so sure, whether this is reliable enoughl. What I will effectively do, is, to open and disassemble my notebook in order to see, if the relevant module is in place.

HP EliteBook 8570w, DreamColor, nVidia Quadro K2000M, Windows 10 64-bit, 2x HP DreamColor LP2480zx, HP DreamColor Calibration System Colorimeter
HP Recommended

I found a way to tell, if the modem component is inside the notebook or not: In the BIOS under System Configuration under Built-In Device Options, there is an entry "Modem Device" if a modem is built into the notebook (if it is not the entry will not appear). The same, by the way, is true for the integrated camera (even though in that case it is pretty obvious ...). So I now know that a modem is present in one of my two notebooks. However I still do not know how to get it to run. Any help appreciated!

HP Recommended

Hi

While I have no 2 pin Telephone Socket on this laptop, I do have an option to print to fax in LibreOffice.

I have a telephone icon in Control panel and a Fax queue in with my Printer Queues.

Device manager and search for new hardware?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.